Kimera has seen major league action with Detroit (1996-1999), Cincinnati (2000) and Colorado (2001), appearing in 243 games.
* graduated from Central High School in Omaha, NE, in 1990.
* attended Creighton University, where he played for Jim Hendry -- now the Cubs' vice president of player personnel.
* was a two-time member of the all-Missouri Valley Conference team.
* played in the 1991 College World Series.
* his brother, Khareth, was an outfielder in Kansas City's minor league system in 2000.2001Kimera played for four teams during the season -- including a 12-game stint with Colorado.
* opened the year on Anaheim's disabled list ... went on the injury list during spring training with a lower back disc hernia.
* after rehab stints at Rancho Cucamonga (A) and Salt Lake (AAA), he was reinstated to the active list June 4 and outrighted to Salt Lake.
* in 40 total games for Salt Lake, he batted .275 with 3 homers and 27 RBI.
* was traded to the Rockies July 13 ... joined the club the next day, starting in leftfield against Texas.
* played in 9 games in leftfield (2 starts) and 2 games in centerfield (1 start).
* after going 0-for-15 with 1 RBI, his contract was outrighted to Colorado Springs (AAA) August 8 ... saw action in 24 games for that club.2000Kimera spent his lone season in Cincinnati's organization, playing in 11 games for the Reds and in 119 for Louisville (AAA).
* at Louisville, he batted .298 with 28 steals, 8 homers and 48 RBI ... committed just 2 errors in the outfield.
* went 0-for-4 after joining the Reds in September.1999Began the campaign with Toledo (AAA), where he hit .286 with 12 homers and 21 steals.
* was recalled by Detroit August 3 and appeared in 41 games -- including 20 starts in centerfield.1998Had four stints on Detroit's roster, playing in 57 games ... also appeared in 51 contests for Toledo (AAA).
* was 4-for-7 as a pinch hitter for the Tigers, hitting his first major league pinch homer April 21 off Boston's Brian Shouse.
* had a career-high 4 RBI June 16 vs. Minnesota, hitting a 2-run homer off Dan Serafini and adding a 2-run single.1997Saw action with both the Tigers and Toledo (AAA), appearing in 148 games.
* stole an International League-high 33 bases at Toledo ... led league outfielders in putouts (336) and total chances (341).
* was named by Baseball America as the league's fastest baserunner and best defensive outfielder.
* joined the Tigers in September ... stole 3 bases in 12 gam1996Spent the season on Detroit's roster ... had been selected by Baltimore in the December 1995 Rule 5 draft, but was claimed off waivers by the Tigers during spring training.
* batted .253 in 110 games in his first M.L. action ... led the Tigers in both stolen bases (20) and sacrifice bunts (13).
* made his M.L. debut April 3 at Minnesota.
* recorded his first hit April 20 -- a single off California's Jason Grimsley.
* hit his first home run August 24 off Kansas City's Jose Rosado.
* during a 6-game hitting streak June 8-June 22, he went 12-for-20 with a pair of 3-hit affairs.1995Saw action with three Baltimore farm teams -- Gulf Coast (Rookie), Bowie (AA) and Rochester (AAA) -- playing in 73 total contests ... missed over two months of the season after breaking the fourth metacarpal bone in his left hand while diving for a ball in June.
* after the season, he was traded to Minnesota's organization.1994Was a Carolina League all-star at Frederick (A), where he batted .292 with 10 homers, 57 RBI and 44 stolen bases.
* was 8th in the league in batting average ... ranked 2nd in hits (150), runs scored (97) and steals.
* led league outfielders in putouts (304) and total chances (317).1993Began his pro career with Baltimore's Bluefield (Rookie) team, batting .246 with an Appalachian League-high 27 stolen bases.