The Minnesota Twins today announced that Kenny Chesney's "The Big Revival Tour" and Jason Aldean's "The Burn It Down Tour" will merge at Target Field on Saturday, July 18, 2015. Chesney's triumphant return to Target Field along with Jason Aldean is a part of their 10-date stadium tour across the country. Ticket information and the complete artist lineup will be announced at a later date. Twins Season Ticket Holders who have renewed for the 2015 season will have access to an exclusive presale before the general public.
"We've played so many of these stadiums so many summers, I know just how hard the fans coming out can rock," Chesney says. "There aren't a lot of guys out there who can hit it the way Jason does, so I'm glad we're able to bring both of our tours together for 10 nights this summer. I know what me and the guys are bringing in terms of music, and I know Jason can hang with us!"
"Kenny is the guy everybody in country music looks up to when they think about workin' hard, building your career out on the road and getting to eventually play stadiums," added Aldean. "When we first started dipping our toe into that business a few years ago, he's the guy I would call or text for advice. We have a real friendship. Don't get me wrong…that doesn't mean I'm going to make it easy to follow me every night…he's gonna have to work for it harder than he ever has before!"
Beginning in 2012, Target Field has played host to several concerts including:
- July 8, 2012 - Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw's "Brothers of the Sun" tour with special guests Grace Potter & the Nocturnal as well as Jake Owen.
- July 12, 2013 - Kenny Chesney's "No Shoes Nation" tour including the Zac Brown Band, the Eli Young Band and Kacey Musgraves.
- July 26, 2013 - The Skyline Music Festival featuring "The LP Tour" with with Soul Asylum, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Matthew Sweet and special guest Gear Daddies
- Aug. 2, 2014 - Sir Paul McCartney's "Out There" tour
- Aug. 8 2014 - The Skyline Music Festival "Indie Night" featuring Andrew Bird, The New Pornographers, Thao & The Get Down Stay Down, S. Carey and Martin Dosh
- Aug. 9, 2014 - The Skyline Music Festival featuring Melissa Etheridge, O.A.R., The Rembrandts, Gear Daddies and The Honeydogs.
Chesney, whose The Big Revival marked his 13th No. 1 Country Album debut, already topped the Billboard Country Songs chart for two weeks with "American Kids" -- and "Til It's Gone," the follow-up, was at No. 18 on release date.
Jason Aldean, whose Old Boots, New Dirt debuted at No. one on Billboard's Top 200 Album charts earlier this month, is known for his high-intensity shows, his sense of true grit and songs that capture the way his fans genuinely live their lives. The most downloaded male country artist in history and two-time Academy of Country Music Male Vocalist of the Year is also currently sitting at the No. one spot on country radio charts with lead single "Burnin' It Down."