Orioles' Hardy, Jones and Markakis finalists for Gold Glove

Orioles' Hardy, Jones and Markakis finalists for Gold Glove

BALTIMORE -- The Orioles have three finalists for the Rawlings Gold Glove Awards announced on Thursday morning, with shortstop J.J. Hardy, center fielder Adam Jones and right fielder Nick Markakis all up for the honor in their respective American League categories.

The awards, created in 1957, are determined by a survey of managers and coaches, which make up 75 percent of the voting, and the Society for Sabermetric Reasearch, which accounts for the other 25 percent. The winners will be revealed during a special awards show on ESPN2 on November 4 at 7 p.m. ET.

Must C: Jones leaps, turns two

Baltimore, which has won an AL-best 67 Gold Gloves since the award's inception, had six finalists last season and is well represented once again. Hardy is vying for his third consecutive Gold Glove win, while Jones is up for his fourth career award. Markakis won a Gold Glove Award in 2011.

Hardy is up against Kansas City's Alcides Escobar and Chicago's Alexei Ramirez. Boston's Jackie Bradley Jr. and Chicago's Adam Eaton were nominated along with Jones among center fielders, while Markakis will go head-to-head with Tampa Bay's Kevin Kiermaier and the Angels' Kole Calhoun.

Brittany Ghiroli is a reporter for MLB.com. Read her blog, Britt's Bird Watch, and follow her on Facebook and Twitter @britt_ghiroli. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.