• Third baseman Placido Polanco reached the 2,000-hit milestone with an eighth-inning two-run homer.
• Jim Thome's last home run with the Phillies was a MLB-record-setting 13th walk-off homer in the bottom of the ninth vs. the Rays. It was his 609th career homer, tying him with Sammy Sosa for seventh place all time. Thome hit 27 career homers at The Bank, including one as a visiting player.
• Chase Utley, sidelined the first 76 games of the season with chronic knee issues, homered on his first swing.
• Darin Ruf's first big league hit was a home run.
• Right-hander Brad Lidge retired as a Phillie.
• John Mayberry Jr. hit two extra-inning home runs, a first in Major League Baseball history. One of the blasts was an 11th-inning grand slam.
• The 1993 NL champion Phils are saluted during Alumni Weekend; Darren Daulton received standing ovations three straight days.
• Ryne Sandberg became the third Phillies manager in Citizens Bank Park history.
Larry Shenk is the vice president of Alumni Relations for the Phillies. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.