SAN FRANCISCO, CA - The San Francisco Giants are scheduled to begin their 2015 season at the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday, April 6 and play their home opener against the Colorado Rockies on Monday, April 13, the club announced today.
Following a seven-game road trip to Arizona and San Diego from April 6-12, the Giants will return to AT&T Park for their first homestand of the year, a 10-game set against the Rockies (April 13-15), D-Backs (April 16-19) and Dodgers (April 21-23).
For the third-straight season, the Giants will play 19 games against each of their four National League West rivals - Arizona, Colorado, Los Angeles and San Diego.
The Giants will face the American League West in interleague, playing a home-and-home series with the Houston Astros (May 12-13 at Minute Maid Park; Aug. 11-12 at AT&T Park) and Seattle Mariners (June 15-16 at AT&T Park; June 17-18 at Safeco Field), a home series with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (May 1-3) and a road series with the Texas Rangers (July 31-Aug. 2). A six-game, home-and-home series between the Giants and A's will take place with the first series at AT&T Park (July 24-26) and the second series at the Oakland Coliseum (Sept. 25-27).
On Friday, November 28, Orange and Black Friday, single game tickets for selected games will go on sale as well as Giants Holiday ticket package offerings. Also, Giants Fan Fest is scheduled for Saturday, February 7, 2015.
Additional highlights of the San Francisco Giants' 2014 campaign include:
- The first 23 games will be against NL West opponents.
- 13 home weekends in all, including a weekend set against the Athletics (July 24-26).
- The longest homestands of the season are a pair of 10-game sets from April 13-23 against the Rockies (April 13-15), D-Backs (April 16-19) and Dodgers (April 21-23) and then a 10-game homestand from May 1-10 against the Angels (May 1-3), Padres (May 4-6) and Marlins (May 7-10). Their shortest homestand is a three-game series against the Dodgers (May 19-21).
- The Giants will face the Dodgers three times at AT&T Park: April 21-23, May 19-21 and Sept. 28-Oct. 1.
- The Giants will play 27 of 39 games on the road from July 31-Sept. 9, including a pair of 10-game road trips from July 31-Aug. 9 (at Texas, Atlanta and Chicago-NL) and Aug. 31-Sept. 9 (at Los Angeles-NL, Colorado and Arizona).