MILWAUKEE - To raise awareness and funding for breast cancer research and prevention, the Milwaukee Brewers, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and thousands of Brewers fans are joining forces for a placard display that will "Pink Out Miller Park" tomorrow.
Each fan attending Saturday's game against the Cardinals will have a specially-designed card affixed to their seat, and at the end of the 4th inning, they will hold them up to form a giant image in the ballpark. The image (rendering attached) will turn the ballpark into a sea of pink and white, including ribbons that have become synonymous with efforts related to breast cancer research and awareness.
"Pink Out Miller Park" is presented by Boston Store. Froedtert and Medical College of Wisconsin is the supporting sponsor.
Prior to the game, there will be many other related events occurring, including the following:
- Brewers President - Baseball Operations and General Manager Doug Melvin and his wife, Ellen, will do a check presentation of funds that were raised through their donations and a personal campaign. Proceeds benefit After Breast Cancer Diagnosis - ABCD, Wisconsin Breast Cancer Showhouse, and the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
- There will be an on-field presentation recognizing Froedtert and Medical College of Wisconsin for their efforts to defeat breast cancer.
- The Ceremonial 1st Pitch will be tossed by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Publisher Betsy Brenner, a breast cancer survivor.
- Breast cancer survivors will take the field with our starting lineup and stand with the players for the national anthem.
- A donation from Brewers Community Foundation will be made to support related charities.
In addition, fans can contribute to the cause through several on-site fundraising opportunities. Proceeds from the following initiatives will all go toward After Breast Cancer Diagnosis - ABCD and the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center:
- A raffle will be held on the Field Level Concourse. Prizes will feature a ceremonial first pitch before a 2015 Brewers game, a spot in a Mini Famous Racing Sausages race, an opportunity to watch batting practice from the field, and more.
- Pink hankies will be sold outside of Miller Park.
Fans will be encouraged to help raise awareness through social media, using the hashtag #PinkOutMillerPark.
More information is available at Brewers.com/pinkout.