• The Yankees selected right-hander Chris Leroux to the 25-man roster from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Monday. Following Sunday's game vs. Cleveland, the Yankees optioned right-hander Bryan Mitchell to Triple-A.
• Yankees catcher Brian McCann (concussion) "felt better" on Sunday, according to Girardi. Currently on the seven-day concussion disabled list, McCann could have another concussion test on Tuesday, and may be cleared to resume baseball activities after that.
• Monday marks Derek Jeter's 2,707th game with the Yankees, which ties the Royals' George Brett for ninth place on the all-time list of players who have played all of their games with one team. Next on the list is the Giants' Mel Ott (2,730).
• The Eastern League announced Monday that Double-A Trenton infielder Greg Bird was selected as the Eastern League Player of the Week for the period of Aug. 4 to Aug. 10. Bird hit .421 (8-for-19) with two doubles, three home runs, eight runs scored, three RBIs, four walks and a 1.000 slugging percentage in six games for the Thunder last week.
• On this date in 1929, Babe Ruth hit his 500th career home run off the Indians' Willis Hudlin at Cleveland's League Park. Also on this date in 1980, Reggie Jackson hit career homer No. 400 off Britt Burns of the White Sox.
Bryan Hoch is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter @bryanhoch and read his MLBlog, Bombers Beat. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.