• Retiring White Sox captain Paul Konerko will be honored by the team throughout the month of September with tributes and a special promotional calendar for fans in each of the month's 11 home games.
The month-long celebration includes the creation of "Club Konerko" in Sections 158 and 159 (total of 1,176 seats). "Club Konerko" includes the blue seat (Section 159, Row 7, Seat 4) where Konerko's grand slam landed during Game 2 of the 2005 World Series.
• Barring a setback, reliever Zach Putnam is expected to be activated from the disabled list and rejoin the team Friday in Seattle.
• The White Sox game on Aug. 24 at the Yankees, originally listed as TBA, has been set for 12:05 p.m. CT on Comcast SportsNet.
• Conor Gillaspie's batting average has not fallen below .300 all season. His low was .302 on April 21.
• Ventura said the White Sox have yet to discuss September callups from the Minor Leagues.
Scott Merkin is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Merk's Works, and follow him on Twitter @scottmerkin. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.