• Mike Trout started at designated hitter on Sunday, with Josh Hamilton in center field. Scioscia said he was just giving Trout a day off from the turf at The Trop.
• Outfielder Collin Cowgill (broken nose, thumb) could be activated from the disabled list as soon as Monday, in time for the Angels' series opener against the Dodgers, Scioscia said. Cowgill played a rehab game at Triple-A Salt Lake on Saturday and was scheduled to play on Sunday, as well.
• Scioscia said C.J. Cron's left hand was fine on Sunday, after the designated hitter caught it on Rays catcher Curt Casali's leg sliding into home on a play at the plate in the ninth inning on Saturday.
• Injured Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs was examined by a Rays team doctor on Saturday night. The doctor confirmed the left-hander's flexor tendon strain in his left forearm and told Skaggs he could be out about four weeks. Skaggs will see a specialist when the team returns to Los Angeles.
• Second baseman Grant Green (lower back strain) has started "low-level" baseball activities, Scioscia said. Scioscia said he believed Green was hitting off a tee, but Green is still some time away from returning.
David Adler is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.