• Phillies third baseman Cody Asche began a rehab assignment Friday with Class A Lakewood. He is expected to play three games in Lakewood before joining Triple-A Lehigh Valley for three or four more games. He could rejoin the Phillies late next week.
• The Phillies recently learned Lehigh Valley outfielder Darin Ruf has a fractured left wrist, not just a deep bone bruise. Ruf, who injured his wrist and right knee crashing into the left-field wall at Coca-Cola Park in Allentown, Pa., had to wait for an MRI exam until the swelling in his wrist subsided. The fracture does not change his recovery time, which is about four weeks.
• Triple-A shortstop Freddy Galvis is on the DL with a broken collarbone. Amaro said Galvis is "doing really well." He hopes Galvis is playing in games sometime next month.
• Right-hander Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez, who is on the 60-day DL with right shoulder tendinitis, threw a bullpen session on Thursday in Clearwater, Fla.
"He's 93-94 [mph], which is good," Amaro said.
He added that Gonzalez can get ramped up in a few more days.
• Right-hander Jason Marquis, who is recovering from Tommy John surgery in Clearwater, has thrown a couple of times in simulated games.
"He's throwing OK," Amaro said. "He has a ways to go coming off Tommy John, but he's way ahead of schedule. It's usually a year for starters, and he's at 10 months and already off the mound. He seems to be doing well. We're working a little on mechanics, because he got into some habits. His ball has a lot of movement. He's a competitor and throws strikes, so we'll see what happens."
• Left-hander Adam Loewen has made two starts each with Class A Advanced Clearwater and Double-A Reading.
"He's doing OK," Amaro said.
Todd Zolecki is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.