• Manager Mike Matheny said that lefty Kevin Siegrist (left forearm strain) is scheduled to throw a bullpen session at Busch Stadium on Thursday. Siegrist has been on the disabled list since May 24.
• Joe Kelly, who has been out nearly two months with a left hamstring strain, has begun striding and has increased the intensity of his throwing, Matheny said. How Kelly will be used when he returns from the DL will be determined based on team need at the time, though the Cardinals do anticipate building the right-hander back up as a starter in case he's needed for that role.
• The Cardinals announced that they will hold Jon Hamm Night at Busch Stadium on Aug. 18, when the Cardinals host the Reds. Hamm, a St. Louis-area native and University of Missouri graduate, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to the game. Fans who purchase a theme-night ticket will also receive a bobblehead of the Mad Men actor.
To purchase a theme ticket or one of the limited number of VIP ticket packages -- which include a photo opportunity with Hamm -- visit /stl/ticketing/group_theme.jsp?partnerId=23Q616ZG1-4G2. A portion of each ticket price will be donated to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, a charity Hamm chose.
• Marco Gonzales, the No. 19 overall pick in the 2013 First-Year Player Draft, has been added to the Texas League All-Star team. Gonzales becomes the sixth player from the Cardinals' Double-A Springfield roster to earn an All-Star invite. Gonzales is 1-2 with a 2.63 ERA in five Double-A starts since his May 16 promotion.
• Tony La Russa, former Cardinals manager and current D-backs executive, threw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to Wednesday's game between the Cards and Rays. La Russa was born in Tampa and lived in the area until beginning his professional playing career.
Jenifer Langosch is a reporter for MLB.com. Read her blog, By Gosh, It's Langosch, and follow her on Twitter @LangoschMLB. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.