• The White Sox finished 0-for-3 in Cactus League replay challenges, after a seventh-inning out call on an Alexei Ramirez slow roller to third was confirmed during Thursday's 4-3 loss to the Cubs. The close play at first ended the inning and was upheld after Ventura's appeal.
• Felipe Paulino, who tuned up for the regular season with four innings Thursday, is excited to make his first regular season start since June, '12 Wednesday at U.S. Cellular Field.
"I'm really, really blessed. I'm happy for that," said Paulino, who was sidelined by ulnar collateral ligament replacement surgery and a cyst on his right shoulder. "My last year and a half, I've been working on my rehab. I'm here. It's a lot of hard work paying off in the end."
• Pitchers Jose Quintana and Erik Johnson and backup catcher Adrian Nieto stayed back in Arizona to get their work during Minor League games while the team is in Birmingham. They will all rejoin the team for Opening Day.
Beckham and Jeff Keppinger, who will start the 2014 season on the disabled list, also stayed back in Arizona. They will not be part of Opening Day festivities in Chicago.
• Adam Eaton reached base in 16 of his 19 Cactus League games this spring.
• In Minor League moves announced Thursday, OF Jared Mitchell was optioned to Triple-A Charlotte and LHP Frank De Los Santos and RHP Nestor Molina to Double-A Birmingham from Charlotte.
• Adam Dunn was scratched from Thursday's Cactus League finale against the Cubs with an upset stomach, although he did pinch-hit in the seventh and hit his first spring homer in the ninth.
Scott Merkin is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Merk's Works, and follow him on Twitter @scottmerkin. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.