After two years of extensive development, MLBAM debuted this fully integrated level of locally focused technology four years ago and has remained at the forefront of personalizing the mobile in-venue experience for fans of every team. At the Ballpark has pioneered this initiative with a league-wide foundation of ballpark features and customization and expansion features by team, including exclusive video highlights; mobile food, beverage and official merchandise ordering; seat and experience upgrade capabilities; MyTickets Mobile for in-app purchase, delivery and storage of every ticket sold; and content integration with ballpark video screens.
For the first time, MapQuest-powered mapping and directions will be delivered in At the Ballpark through an exclusive app-to-app experience. The MapQuest integration will make it easier for fans to plan their gameday travel throughout the 2014 season. As part of its official partnership with MLBAM, MapQuest also created custom-branded MLB team experiences, available soon within its iOS and Android apps, and is developing original MLB content to enhance local experiences. MapQuest and MLBAM also are co-creating an original video series, expected to debut in May 2014.
MLBAM has completed its widespread installation to equip 20 ballparks (listed below) with iBeacon, a technology introduced with iOS 7 that uses Bluetooth Low Energy and geofencing for micro-location awareness. Dozens of iBeacons have been affixed in each ballpark over the past two months. Beginning with each club's respective 2014 regular season home opener, fans with At the Ballpark on their iPhone (iOS 7 required) will be able to use the technology to automatically check-in to every game and receive exclusive offers. Check-in will be available beginning four hours prior to the scheduled first pitch. Additional ballparks will have iBeacon installed this spring and new iBeacon features are being developed by MLBAM and will be released later this season.
In addition to the previously-announced installs at Petco Park (San Diego) and Dodger Stadium (Los Angeles), which became the first sports venues in the world to permanently equip this technology in February, iBeacon will be available for the following ballparks: Chase Field (Arizona), Turner Field (Atlanta), Oriole Park @ Camden Yards (Baltimore), Fenway Park (Boston), U.S. Cellular Field (Chicago), Great American Ball Park (Cincinnati), Progressive Field (Cleveland), Kauffman Stadium (Kansas City), Miller Park (Milwaukee), Target Field (Minnesota), Citi Field (New York), O.co Coliseum (Oakland), Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia), AT&T Park (San Francisco), Safeco Field (Seattle), Busch Stadium (St. Louis), Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay) and Globe Life Park (Texas).
AT THE BALLPARK FEATURES
• MyTickets Mobile for delivery and storage of all MLB tickets sold (select clubs only)
• Upload and share personal photos from ballpark visits, dating back to 2005
• View team statistics and watch video highlights from games attended
• Ballpark and player entrance music listings
• Social media clubhouse, including social rewards for select clubs
• Complete tickets section, featuring special offers by club
• Seat and experience upgrade functionality (select clubs only)
• Passbook integration for digital ticket delivery and storage (select clubs only)
• Check-in for ballpark offers and rewards
• Interactive concourse maps and directory
• Customize to feature a designated favorite MLB ballpark
• Team schedule, ticket information and sales and promotional event listings
• Access to food and beverage ordering available at select parks (select clubs only)
• Directions and parking information
• A to Z Guides for every ballpark
• My Journal: Personalized check-in history for ballparks visited
At the Ballpark is the official ballpark application of Major League Baseball. For more information, visit MLB.com.