• Trevor Rosenthal, whose throwing program was temporarily interrupted by a groin strain, is scheduled to make his first spring appearance on Saturday. Rosenthal passed his final test on Wednesday when he threw a 15-pitch live batting-practice session.
• Outfielder Peter Bourjos reported to camp on Friday morning and lobbied Matheny to put him in one of the team's two split-squad lineups. Matheny instead chose to give Bourjos another day to deal with the right hamstring cramp that has kept him out of games since Sunday. Matheny did not rule out Bourjos being ready to return to the field on Saturday.
• With a 3-for-3 afternoon, left fielder Matt Holliday now has eight hits in nine spring at-bats. His second hit on Friday was a liner off second-base umpire Chris Conroy, to which Matheny offered afterward: "The poor umpire, that's all I have to say."
• The Cardinals brought lefty Tyler Lyons to Port St. Lucie as an emergency pitcher, but decided to end the game tied instead of having Lyons pitch the 10th. Matheny labeled Lyons a "double double emergency" guy and will have the left-hander throw multiple innings in Saturday's game.
• Busch Stadium will play host to the "Braggin' Rights" baseball game between the University of Missouri and the University of Illinois on April 2, the Cardinals announced Friday. The game will begin at 6:30 p.m. CT, and tickets will cost $15. That price includes $5 loaded onto the ticket for use at stadium concession stands. Visit cardinals.com/mizzou or cardinals.com/illini to purchase tickets.
Christina De Nicola is a contributor to MLB.com. Jenifer Langosch is a reporter for MLB.com. Read her blog, By Gosh, It's Langosch, and follow her on Twitter @LangoschMLB. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.