• Indians right-hander Trevor Bauer averaged 92.8 mph in his four big league starts with the Tribe last season. During his two-inning Cactus League outing against the Mariners on Sunday, Bauer sat around 93-96 mph and hit 98 mph on one pitch, according to a National League scout in attendance.
• First baseman David Cooper cleared waivers and will return to camp with the Indians as a non-roster invitee. Cleveland designated Cooper for assignment on Sunday after acquiring infielder Justin Sellers from the Dodgers in exchange for cash considerations.
• On Tuesday, the Indians signed seven of their rostered players who have fewer than three years of service time. Cleveland reached deals with third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall, left-handers T.J. House and Colt Hynes, and right-handers Austin Adams, Corey Kluber, C.C. Lee and Bryan Shaw.
• Right-hander Shaun Marcum (coming back from surgery to alleviate thoracic outlet syndrome) is scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Wednesday and again on Saturday. ... Righty Matt Capps (right shoulder strain) is at least a week away from resuming a throwing program. ... Righty Frank Herrmann (Tommy John surgery on throwing elbow last spring) will throw a simulated game on Friday.
• Indians infielder Jose Ramirez, who is returning from offseason surgery on his left thumb, made his first game appearance of the spring in a "B" game against the Angels on Tuesday morning. Ramirez sliced a single to left field in his first plate appearance.
Jordan Bastian is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Major League Bastian, and follow him on Twitter @MLBastian. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.