Bombers bits

Adam Warren pitched two scoreless innings of two-hit ball on Friday against the Tigers, kicking off his spring bid to stick on the Yankees' big league roster. Warren said that he and good friend David Phelps have been amused by being lumped together in yet another competition.

"We joke about it a little bit," Warren said. "Sometimes people expect us to be clashing and enemies, and we joke about it, 'We're supposed to hate each other, right?' But no, other than joking around about it, we don't seriously talk about it. We know we're supposed to just go out there and get the job done."

• Right-hander Michael Pineda is slowly advancing to game speed. Pineda is scheduled to pitch in a simulated game on Sunday and will then progress to pitching in a Grapefruit League game, Girardi said.

"He's better than when we saw him a couple of years ago, that's for sure," Girardi said. "So we have been encouraged. I'm curious to see how it translates in a game."

• Girardi stuck out during pregame ceremonies at Joker Marchant Stadium on Friday. He had brought the wrong uniform top for the trip, sporting a home spring jersey with the interlocking 'NY' on the left chest instead of the road version with a gray-outlined 'NEW YORK' across the chest.

"I noticed it right away when I was out there. What are you going to do?" Girardi said. "They need to help me a little more, evidently. During the season, you don't have two to pick from in your locker. I put the wrong pants on to start the day."

• The MRIs taken Thursday on right-hander Jose Ramirez's oblique and back came back with no reason for concern, Girardi said. Ramirez is still sore and it is too soon to tell when he will be able to get back on the mound.

• 21st Century Fox announced on Friday that it completed the acquisition of a majority stake in the YES Network. Under the agreement, which was initially announced on Jan. 24, 21st Century Fox now owns 80 percent of the network. Yankee Global Enterprises continues to own the remaining 20 percent.

Bryan Hoch is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter @bryanhoch and read his MLBlog, Bombers Beat. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.