It's almost here.
Wednesday, the day before the D-backs are the first team to have pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training, was relatively quiet.
A few Minor League deals were made, as the Indians signed former All-Star first baseman Bryan LaHair with an invitation to Spring Training. The Nationals inked veteran catcher Koyie Hill to the same, as did the Dodgers with infielder Justin Turner.
"For them to believe in me with this kind of contract, it's truly an honor and humbling," Freeman said. "But having it this young, I never thought it would be possible or could imagine that."
Freeman's deal was celebrated on the 80th birthday of Braves Hall of Famer and icon Hank Aaron.
But there also was some somber news Wednesday, with former Major League ace Curt Schilling announcing his cancer diagnosis.
Other news and notes from Wednesday:
• Orioles reporter Brittany Ghiroli answers questions in her Inbox.
• Blue Jays reporter Gregor Chisholm does the same here.
• Pedro Martinez, Roger Clemens and Nomar Garciaparra, along with radio broadcaster Joe Castiglione, will be inducted into the Red Sox Hall of Fame.
• Former Tigers player Lance Parrish will manage in Detroit's system at Double-A Erie.
• A's reporter Jane Lee answers questions in this Inbox.
• The Rangers sold their ballpark naming rights. They now play in Globe Life Park in Arlington.
• Marlins reporter Joe Frisaro fields questions in this Inbox.
• Former Phillies players Jamie Moyer and Matt Stairs are among those who Comcast SportsNet could add to to the booth.
• The Braves unveiled military appreciation jerseys.
• Clint Hurdle isn't satisfied despite helping the Pirates break their postseason drought.
• Rinku Singh, the left-hander who won the "Million Dollar Arm" contest in 2008, is ready to showcase his stuff at Pirates' Spring Training.
• A number of former Cubs shared their memories of Wrigley Field, which turns 100 this year.
• The Dodgers are hoping small tweaks to last year's team will lead to the next step.
• The D-backs are ready for Spring Training.