In other news around the league:
• The Mariners could be on their way to adding another power source to a lineup that already gained the services of Robinson Cano, Corey Hart and Logan Morrison this offseason. Reports surfaced Tuesday that Seattle is discussing a multiyear deal with free-agent outfielder Nelson Cruz, who clubbed 27 home runs in 109 games for the Rangers last year.
• Seattle also avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year deal with Morrison.
• The Rangers are among several teams interested in Korean pitcher Suk-Min Yoon, who worked out for the club in Arizona.
• The Orioles are not just interested in Yoon, they made the righty an offer. But they are also pursuing a more established arm, such as A.J. Burnett or Bronson Arroyo.
• The Marlins added a veteran right-handed bat, bringing in Jeff Baker on a two-year deal. Baker could platoon with Garrett Jones at first base, or see time at third and second.
• The A's signed former Rays outfielder Sam Fuld to a Minor League deal that includes two opt-out dates if he has not been added to the active roster.
Andrew Simon is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter @AndrewSimonMLB. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.