Only a few Minor League deals were signed Monday, a relatively quiet day on the Hot Stove.
Among those who found homes were veteran infielder Cesar Izturis, who signed with the Astros and left-hander Jeff Francis, who signed with the Reds. Outfielder Delmon Young signed with the Orioles, who are also interested in Jack Cust.
Other news and notes from Monday:
• MLB.com's Richard Justice writes that the Yankees need to land Japanese right-hander Masahiro Tanaka.
• Infield is a concern for the Yankees, writes Anthony Castrovince.
• Hall of Famer Paul Molitor is preparing for his new job as a Twins coach.
• Cleveland's Francisco Lindor is among the game's top shortstop prospects.
• Indians reporter Jordan Bastian answers questions in his inbox.
• Former White Sox closer Bobby Jenks is trying to get back into baseball.
• The Angels are said to be among Tanaka's favorites.
• A's reporter Jane Lee answers fans' questions in this inbox.
• The A's named Steve Connelly pitching coach for their Class A Short-Season affiliate.
• The Braves handed out 22 non-roster invites to Spring Training.
• Miami's young pitchers are getting ready for Spring Training.
• Mets reporter Anthony DiComo fields questions in this inbox.
• Cubs prospect Javier Baez, ranked as MLB.com's No. 2 shortstop prospect, is hoping to arrive in the Majors sooner rather than later.
• Reds reporter Mark Sheldon answers fans' question in this inbox.
• The Cubs unveiled their new mascot, Clark.
• Giants prospect Derek Law could be a key member of San Francisco's bullpen.