The White Sox and outfielder Dayan Viciedo also avoided arbitration, agreeing to a one-year deal.
One day after Alex Rodriguez's suspension was reduced to 162 games, he sued Major League Baseball.
Other news and notes from Monday:
• MLB.com's Richard Justice writes that the Yankees need to land Japanese right-hander Masahiro Tanaka.
• Toronto's Adam Lind tries to remain even keel.
• Infield is a concern for the Yankees, writes Anthony Castrovince.
• Manny Machado and Dylan Bundy are among those rehabbing at the Orioles' minicamp.
• MLB.com ranked Boston's Xander Bogaerts as the game's best shortstop prospect.
• The Royals and right-hander Jeremy Guthrie restructured his contract to save Kansas City $3 million in 2014.
• Right-hander Rick Porcello should benefit from the Tigers' improved infield defense.
• Hall of Famer Paul Molitor is preparing for his new job as a Twins coach.
• Cleveland's Francisco Lindor is among the game's top shortstop prospects.
• Indians reporter Jordan Bastian answers questions in his inbox.
• Former White Sox closer Bobby Jenks is trying to get back into baseball.
• The Angels are said to be among Tanaka's favorites.
• A's reporter Jane Lee answers fans' questions in this inbox.
• The A's named Steve Connelly pitching coach for their Class A Short-Season affiliate.
• The Braves handed out 22 non-roster invites to Spring Training.
• Miami's young pitchers are getting ready for Spring Training.
• Second baseman Chase Utley is upbeat about the Phillies' chances this season.
• Mets reporter Anthony DiComo fields questions in this inbox.
• Braves outfielder B.J. Upton is a big Florida State fan.
• Cubs prospect Javier Baez, ranked as MLB.com's No. 2 shortstop prospect, is hoping to arrive in the Majors sooner rather than later.
• Reds reporter Mark Sheldon answers fans' question in this inbox.
• The Brewers announced their Minor League coaching staffs. So did the Pirates.
• The Cubs unveiled their new mascot, Clark.
• DJ LeMahieu studied hard to earn the Rockies' second-base job.
• Giants prospect Derek Law could be a key member of San Francisco's bullpen.