The Dodgers already have a strong closer in Kenley Jansen, but that hasn't stopped them from bolstering their bullpen during the Hot Stove season, adding a pair of experienced ninth-inning men in the process.
Los Angeles, which already had re-signed Brian Wilson and J.P. Howell, further strengthened its relief corps on Sunday and Monday by reaching reported agreements with former Indians closer Chris Perez and veteran right-hander Jamey Wright. The Dodgers' bullpen could be a force to be reckoned with in 2014, writes our Phil Rogers.
In other news around the league Monday:
• Our Doug Miller takes a look at the players who could be finding new homes during the holiday season in the latest edition of The Week Ahead.
• Also in the holiday spirit, our Anthony Castrovince proposes the perfect gift for each National League club.
• The Twins finalized their deals with catcher Kurt Suzuki and right-hander Mike Pelfrey.
• At Sports on Earth, Jack Moore runs through the top six remaining free agents, with Kendrys Morales grabbing the top spot.
• Reds general manager Walt Jocketty told the Cincinnati Enquirer that his club will account for the loss of Shin-Soo Choo by making speedy prospect Billy Hamilton its starting center fielder and leadoff hitter.
• After backing out of a deal with Grant Balfour due to concerns over his physical, the Orioles are looking at Fernando Rodney to fill their closer vacancy but also are interested in re-signing Fernando Rodriguez, according to the Baltimore Sun.
• Meanwhile, Balfour continues to draw interest from other teams, with the New York Post reporting that the Yankees are among those involved. The San Francisco Chronicle's Henry Schulman also tweeted that the Giants have had "conversations" with Balfour.
• The Cubs are one of the teams interested in veteran reliever Jesse Crain, according to Bruce Levine of Chicago's WSCR-AM and 670thescore.com.
Andrew Simon is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter @HitTheCutoff. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.