Remember how it felt at the end of this past September, when the pressure-packed final week of the Major League Baseball regular season meant one clincher after another and then the big event?
It is kind of that way right now for nearly half of all holiday shoppers, according to retail-watchers, as the convenient and cost-saving nature of online shopping has made last-week checkouts a fact of life. Here's the latest from the MLB.com Shop for everyone in that boat, still looking for the right gifts as the clock ticks away:
• You can take $10 off any order of more than $50 at the MLB.com Shop until 11:59 p.m. ET Thursday; so that Classic Fleece is $54.99 instead of $64.99, and leaves the warehouse within two days.
• Shipping deadlines are looming, so be aware. For standard shipping, 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday is the deadline to guarantee it will get there by Christmas. Last chance for two-day shipping is 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, and you must order by 9 p.m. ET Monday for overnight delivery.
The MLB.com Shop Virtual Catalog is a great starting point for those just feeling the crunch, and the MLB.com Gift Guru continues to offer daily tips like these:
1. Most everyone has a signed baseball that is just sitting around. Help someone display it properly with a Steiner Sports Glass Single Baseball Case featuring a team-logo background. There are two versions listed at $39.99 and $49.99, and the latter includes game-used dirt.
2. Wear a Mets Executive Crew from Antigua to Citi Field next season and watch Curtis Granderson and Bartolo Colon go to town with their new team.
3. Women's Holiday Pajamas: This set from Concepts Sport is only $29.99 and great for hibernating until pitchers and catchers report.
4. A&E Home Video Red Sox Commemoration Videos: Most popular gift of the season at the MLB.com Shop. The "Decade of Champions" is not complete without diving into the Boston title merchandise and choosing a single disc or a set.
6. Filabuck Youth Sneakers: This has to be one of the best deals in the entire MLB.com Shop this holiday season. Hey, mom and dad, just $34.99 for a pair of these stylish kicks, which are perfect for your kid's classroom or just about anywhere. And the mascot slippers aren't so bad, either.
7. Sublimated Pint Glass Two-Pack: Toast the holidays in style with these dishwasher-safe glasses.
9. Authentic Collection Double & Triple Climate Jackets: Majestic Athletic equipped on-field personnel in October with a new type of outerwear, a 3-in-1 jacket. You can get this same look for someone, giving the flexibility to stay warm, stay dry, or both.
11. Metallic Team Logo Hood: For something different this holiday season, order this unique look from Majestic Athletic. There's also the Women's Pep Rally Full-Zip Hood from '47 Brand or the Skyline Hood from Majestic Threads.
12. Alex Woo Jewelry Collection: Want some great bling? Look at the necklaces from this New York-based designer, with all products custom made in the Big Apple. If you really want to bling out, there's a four-figure diamond necklace for your favorite team.
14. Diamond Era 59FIFTY Caps: These New Era authentic lids arrived on fields in 2013, and at just $34.99, they are perfect gifts for anyone. Just make sure you know the person's size, otherwise go for any of the countless adjustables in the MLB.com Shop caps collection .
15. If you're a procrastinator, then don't sweat it. Remember that MLB.com online gift certificates in any denomination via email are safe bets for any fan.