Multiple reports have free-agent outfielders Jacoby Ellsbury and Shin-Soo Choo searching for deals around $100 million -- also a reported target number of right-hander Ervin Santana.
Among Friday's top reports, from FoxSports.com and MLB Network Insider Ken Rosenthal, is that the Dodgers are listening to offers for outfielders Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier and Carl Crawford.
Here's a full rundown of Friday's news and notes:
• The Yankees will retain all of their coaches for next season.
• Here's a breakdown of what the Blue Jays and general manager Alex Anthopoulos are in the market for heading into the GM Meetings: starting pitching, a second baseman and possibly a starting catcher.
• New Tigers manager Brad Ausmus won't be tied to a new- or old-school approach in his first season in the dugout.
• The Rangers and Astros will play a pair of exhibition games at San Antonio's Alamodome in March.
• MLB.com's Tracy Ringolsby writes that the Angels don't need a complete overhaul this offseason.
• New Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon's first order of business is to build a coaching staff. After that, he plans to travel to a handful of players' homes this offseason to introduce himself.
• Offseason goal No. 1 for the Rangers: reload offensively.
General manager Jon Daniels also said the Rangers are getting some interest from other teams about first baseman Mitch Moreland, while they are waiting to hear back from right-hander Colby Lewis on an offer. Daniels also confirmed reports that the Rangers are willing to talk about their middle infielders.
• The Cubs are looking for quality pitching on the free-agent market, a search that also will include looking for a closer.
Also, president of baseball operations Theo Epstein met with season ticket holders on Friday.
• The Reds and catcher Brayan Pena agreed on a two-year deal. That means a trade of Ryan Hanigan might be on the horizon.
• The Brewers are cautiously optimistic about an agreement between Nashville Mayor Karl Dean and the state of Tennessee for a new ballpark for the Nashville Sounds, Milwaukee's Triple-A affiliate.
• MLB.com's Anthony Castrovince breaks down a key offseason for the Giants.
• Here's an update on a few young Rockies players playing winter ball.