Below are tips for parking and traffic information that will be helpful to those fans coming to the games, as well as downtown commuters.
- All parking lots and garages on the North Shore will be closed to downtown commuters.
- North Shore parking near PNC Park will open at 9 a.m. (with event rates).
The Pirates recommend fans, especially families, arrive as early as possible as downtown parking and lots close to PNC Park will become filled quickly.
For fans and families unable to arrive early the Pirates recommend:
- Grant Street Transportation Center (near Convention Center) - Enter via Penn Avenue or 12th Street from the 10th Street bypass. Check for space availability via iPhone (ParkPGH); Mobile (m.parkpgh.org); SMS/Text and Voice (412-423-8980).
- Station Square Gateway Clipper Shuttles - The Gateway Clipper will take fans directly to PNC Park from this location. Children under turnstile height (30 inches) are free.
- Carnegie Science Lots - Fans can enter from Casino Drive and ride the new, free "T" from the Allegheny Station.
- Fulton Avenue Lot - This lot is located on the north side of the West End Bridge. Fans can ride the free "T" from the Allegheny Station.
For Downtown Commuters and Fans:
Fans can utilize the free "T" service offered by the Port Authority from the four Golden Triangle stations, as well as the Allegheny Station outside of Heinz Field, to the North Side Station just outside of PNC Park's Trib-Total Media Home Plate Gate.
For example, fans can park at the many garages in the downtown area and ride the "T" to the doorstep of PNC Park for free.
Also, fans who prefer to park in lots west of Allegheny Avenue, can ride the "T" for free from the Allegheny Station outside of Heinz Field to the North Side Station just outside of PNC Park.
In addition, the Port Authority provides a number of convenient bus routes from all over the area with direct access to the North Shore or from the Golden Triangle via the new, free "T".