SAN FRANCISCO, CA - The San Francisco Giants are scheduled to begin their 2014 season at the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday, March 31 and play their home opener against the D-backs on Tuesday, April 8, the club announced today.
Following a seven game road trip to Arizona and Los Angeles from March 31-April 6, the Giants will return to AT&T Park for their first homestand of the year, a nine game set against the D-backs (April 8-10), Rockies (April 11-13) and Dodgers (April 15-17).
For the second-straight season, the Giants will play 19 games against each of their four National League West rivals - Arizona, Colorado, Los Angeles and San Diego.
The Giants will face the American League Central in interleague, playing a home-and-home series with the Chicago White Sox (June 17-18 at US Cellular; Aug. 12-13 at AT&T Park), a home series with the Cleveland Indians (April 25-27) and Minnesota Twins (May 23-25) and road series with the Kansas City Royals (Aug. 8-10) and Detroit Tigers (Sept. 5-7). A four-game series between the Giants and A's will take place July 7-10, with the first two games at the Oakland Coliseum (July 7-8) and the next two at AT&T Park (July 9-10).
On Friday, November 29, Orange and Black Friday, single game tickets for selected games will go on sale as well as Giants Holiday 6 pack offerings. Also, Giants Fan Fest is scheduled for Saturday, February 1, 2014.
Additional highlights of the San Francisco Giants' 2014 campaign include:
- The first 22 games will be against NL West opponents.
- 13 home weekends in all, including a pair of weekend sets against the Dodgers (July 25-27; Sept. 12-14).
- The longest homestands of the season are a pair of 10-game sets from June 6-15 against the Mets (June 6-8), Nationals (June 9-12) and Rockies (June 13-15) and then a 10-game, 11-day homestand vs. the Padres (June 23-25), Reds (June 26-29) and Cardinals (July 1-3). Their shortest homestand is a four game series against the Padres that concludes the regular season, Sept. 25-28.
- The Giants will face the Dodgers three times at AT&T Park: April 15-17, July 25-27 and Sept. 12-14.
- The Giants will play 22 of 33 games on the road from July 4-Aug. 10 and will have a pair of 10-game road trips from May 2-11 (at Atlanta, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles-NL) and Aug. 1-10 (at New York-NL, Milwaukee and Kansas City). The Giants end the season's final month by playing 15 of 25 games on the road.