• When Stolmy Pimentel makes his Major League debut, he will become the 28th pitcher used this season by the Pirates -- a new club record. Yes, that does include Josh Harrison for his perfect one-third inning on Aug. 9, in Coors Field.
• Before Tuesday's game, Starling Marte's right hand (contusion) was heavily bandaged with an attached H-Wave generator, a modulator to reduce inflammation in joints.
• Left-hander Justin Wilson prompted some doubletakes in the clubhouse, wearing a black tee-shirt with the classic Buccaneer logo, but the word "Zombies" spelled out in the club's font where "Pirates" should have been.
• With his 10th homer in Tuesday night's game, Neil Walker became the first second baseman in club history to reach double-digit homers in four consecutive seasons. Bill Mazeroski did it for three straight, from 1960-62.
• Andrew McCutchen entered Tuesday's game tied for second in the Majors (with St. Louis' Matt Carpenter ) in multihit games, at 52. Mike Trout of the Angels led with 53.
Tom Singer is a reporter for MLB.com and writes an MLBlog Change for a Nickel. He can also be found on Twitter @Tom_Singer. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.