• Right-hander Chris Hatcher and lefty Zach Phillips were the first pitching callups. Hatcher made one appearance earlier in the season with the Marlins, giving up five runs in one rough inning on July 8 against the Braves. But with New Orleans, Hatcher struck out 65 in 60 games. Phillips had a 2.44 ERA in 50 games with the Zephyrs.
• Logan Morrison, who fouled a ball off his left knee on Saturday night, is fine physically. He was just given a day off on Sunday.
• Coghlan, Hatcher and Phillips were the first three players called up on Sunday, the first day rosters can expand. In all, the Marlins anticipate having about seven total callups.
• The team has yet to announce who will be starting vs. the Cubs on Wednesday at Wrigley Field. Lefty Brad Hand, currently at New Orleans, is a likely candidate.
• Double-A Jacksonville infielder Derek Dietrich is on the seven-day disabled list with a left oblique strain. He officially went on the DL on Aug. 30.
Joe Frisaro is a reporter for MLB.com. He writes a blog, called The Fish Pond. Follow him on Twitter