• Sean Burnett is slated to have surgery to repair the torn flexor tendon in his left elbow by Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday. Burnett, signed through next season with a mutual option for 2015, will be sidelined for the rest of 2013 but is expected to be fully healthy for the start of '14 Spring Training.
• Joe Blanton has pitched six scoreless innings out of the bullpen, including three perfect ones in Monday's 5-2 loss to the Rangers, but Angels manager Mike Scioscia said, "There's always an opportunity for Joe to get back in our rotation. I don't think a good role in our 'pen is going to limit him from doing that. It's just going to be where our rotation is and what our needs are."
• Mark Trumbo took a grounder off his right ring finger on Monday, prompting Scioscia to put him at designated hitter and play Kole Calhoun at first base Tuesday.
• Robert Coello, who has been nursing shoulder inflammation since June 9, isn't expected back in 2013. The 28-year-old right-hander, who posted a 4.30 ERA in 13 games earlier this year, has been rehabbing in Arizona but has yet to start playing catch.
• Tommy Hanson dropped Scott Boras as his agent and has joined Greg Genske at The Legacy Agency. Hanson will be in his second year of arbitration this offseason.
Alden Gonzalez is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Gonzo and "The Show", and follow him on Twitter @Alden_Gonzalez. William Boor is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.