• Jason Hammel is scheduled for an MRI on Friday morning for his right forearm. The right-hander was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Wednesday with right forearm tightness. Showalter said it affects Hammel most on his slider and Hammel said he's dealt with it since Spring Training.
• Orioles infielder Wilson Betemit (right knee) will begin playing rehab games, barring any setbacks, at the Orioles' Gulf Coast League affiliate on Tuesday. He's been out since Spring Training. Showalter said they'll "test drive" to make sure everything's OK before setting a final rehab schedule.
• Steve Johnson (oblique strain) will pitch for Double-A Bowie.
• Center fielder Adam Jones celebrated his 28th birthday on Thursday.
• The Orioles on Wednesday announced the launch of the O's Birds Nest rewards program. The interactive fan-engagement program allows fans to earn points and win prizes by using the club's digital programs and platforms, including Orioles.com, the official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
Brittany Ghiroli is a reporter for MLB.com. Read her blog, Britt's Bird Watch, and follow her on Twitter @britt_ghiroli. Derek Wetmore is an associate reporter for MLB.com.. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.