• Infielder Brendan Harris cleared waivers on Tuesday, three days after being designated for assignment, and opted for free agency rather than report to the Angels' Triple-A affiliate.
• With a solo homer to straightaway center field in the fourth inning, Albert Pujols launched his 492nd career home run -- one away from Lou Gehrig and Fred McGriff for 26th on the all-time list. He's also seven shy of 1,500 RBIs for his career.
• With a leadoff single on Tuesday, Angels outfielder Mike Trout extended his hitting streak to a career-best 15 games. Trout, 2-for-5 in the Angels' 10-3 loss to the Twins, is batting .400 during his hitting streak.
• Left-handers Jason Vargas (blood clot in left armpit area) and Sean Burnett (left elbow impingement) each got back on the mound on Tuesday. Burnett threw about 20 pitches and Vargas threw roughly 30, with both eyeing a return in two weeks.
• Peter Bourjos, out since June 29 with a fractured right wrist, hopes to be cleared to start swinging a bat again on Saturday. Once he is, he'll be wearing a guard that's padded in the area where he was initially hit.
• With a leadoff single on Tuesday, Angels outfielder Mike Trout extended his hitting streak to a career-best 15 games. Trout was batting .400 over his previous 14 games, giving him a .323/.402/.565 slash line entering Tuesday.
Alden Gonzalez is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Gonzo and "The Show", and follow him on Twitter @Alden_Gonzalez. William Boor is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.