• ESPN announced that it has selected the Cardinals' July 28 game in Atlanta for a Sunday night broadcast. As a result, first pitch has been moved to 7:05 p.m. CT. This will be the Cardinals' fifth Sunday night game of the season and second in July. The Cardinals were already scheduled to have their July 14 game against the Cubs shown in primetime.
• Manager Mike Matheny said that Joe Kelly would be available for a short stint out of the bullpen on Tuesday even though Kelly is in line to start for the Cardinals on Saturday. If Kelly is not needed on Tuesday, he'll throw a side session on Wednesday and then be out of commission until his start.
• Matt Adams returned to the lineup on Tuesday after recovering from an episode of food poisoning. Adams had to be scratched from Sunday's lineup due to an illness that he believes stemmed from eating some bad salmon.
• Prior to Tuesday's game, former Cardinals player Albert Pujols held a news conference to introduce an online documentary posted on iamsecond.com in which Pujols discusses his upbringing and his foundation of faith and family. During a question-and-answer question, Pujols, unsolicited, cited Matheny as one of the most influential people early in his career.
• The Cardinals' stop at Angel Stadium this week is the organization's first in Interleague Play. Anaheim was the only Major League city the Cardinals had not visited since the inception of Interleague Play in 1997.
Jenifer Langosch is a reporter for MLB.com. Read her blog, By Gosh, It's Langosch, and follow her on Twitter @LangoschMLB. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.