• Outfielder Jairo Beras made his Rangers debut in the Arizona League on Tuesday. The Dominican product signed with the Rangers last year, but he was suspended for a year for providing a false date of birth.
• The Rangers announced Neal Cotts and Nathan received the club's Player of the Month honors. It's the first shared team award since August 1991, when Rafael Palmeiro and Ivan Rodriguez won it. Cotts went 4-1 with a 0.59 ERA in 15 games in June. Nathan had a 0.63 ERA with 11 saves in June.
• Class A Hickory catcher Jorge Alfaro will not play in the Futures Game. He has been replaced on the World team by Double-A Jackson first baseman Ji-Man Choi from the Mariners' system. Alfaro broke his fifth metacarpal on his left hand when he was hit by a pitch on Friday.
• Triple-A Round Rock closer Cory Burns, outfielder Joey Butler, starting pitcher Brad Mills and infielder Yangervis Solarte were selected for the Triple-A All-Star Game in Reno, Nev., on July 17.
• Former Ranger Scott Feldman is scheduled to pitch for the Orioles on Wednesday after being acquired from the Cubs. That means he'll likely pitch on Monday against the Rangers in Baltimore, and he has already beaten his former team once this year.
• Berkman will donate a fire truck, with the assistance of the Arlington Fire Department, to West, Texas, on Saturday. The truck will be presented during the pregame festivities as the Rangers host City of West Night against the Astros. West, Texas has been recovering from the fertilizer explosion on April 17 that killed 15 people.
Master Tesfatsionis an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.