• Steve Pearce received a cortisone injection in his left wrist on Monday, and he will head to the team's spring facility in Sarasota, Fla., on Tuesday. Pearce is hoping to be ready to return the first day he is eligible from the disabled list.
• Wilson Betemit (right knee) hasn't made a significant step forward with his rehab, as he continues to work out in Sarasota, Fla.
• Reliever Steve Johnson (oblique) is making small improvements in his recovery, Showalter said.
• The Orioles have signed right-hander Casey Upperman, from Independent Normal (Ill.) of the Frontier League, to a Minor League deal. He has reported to Class A Delmarva.
• Lefty Tsuyoshi Wada, recovering from Tommy John surgery, took a no-decision Sunday for Triple-A Norfolk on Sunday after giving up two earned runs with two walks and no strikeouts in five innings.
"He's put together two competitive outings in a row, so that's good to see. Try to keep in mind, he's coming back from some serious surgery. We're fortunate he sees it the same way as us, and he's going to extend it," Showalter said. "I like the way he's pitched the last couple times out, he's been more competitive. And talking to the guys down there, he's featured some pitches that would play up here. I mean, we'll see. Hopefully, he can put a few more together."
• NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Kurt Busch threw out the ceremonial first pitch before Monday's game against the Indians.
• On Saturday the Orioles will partner with the Coppin State University women's softball team to host its annual Baltimore City youth baseball and softball clinic. It will be held at Radecke Park from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Adam Jones and J.J. Hardy will be there to help teach 300 inner-city youth baseball and softball skills. The Orioles are also donating 600 tickets to participants for a future game.
Brittany Ghiroli is a reporter for MLB.com. Read her blog, Britt's Bird Watch, and follow her on Twitter @britt_ghiroli. Derek Wetmore is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.