• A night after exiting his start early due to cramping in his right leg, Shelby Miller was feeling fine and participated in his normal on-field routine on Tuesday. Miller should have no issue making his next scheduled start on Saturday.
• Matheny said that he hopes that Miller's dehydration issues on Monday serve as a reminder as to how necessary it will be for players to fill up on fluids as the hot weather moves in this summer. As the weather gets warmer, too, expect Matheny to be more liberal in finding days off for his starters.
• With his 20th save on Monday, Edward Mujica became the first Cardinals closer to open the season by converting 20 straight save opportunities since Tom Henke did so in his first 22 chances in 1995.
• In addition to announcing the signing of first-round Draft pick Rob Kaminsky on Tuesday, the Cardinals announced that the following players had also agreed to terms on a signing bonus: RHP Andrew Pierce (eighth round), SS Richy Pedroza (17th round), SS J.J. Altobelli (18th round), RHP Michael Holback (25th round), RHP Will Anderson (26th round) and 1B Justin Ringo (28th round). The Cardinals also signed infielder Kyle Grieshaber (Central Missouri State) and catcher Frankie Rodriguez, a 17-year-old Puerto Rican, as undrafted free agents.
• The Cardinals announced that they will hold a "VoteSTL" Rally outside Busch Stadium Gate 3 at 1 p.m. CT on Wednesday to encourage fans to support the Cardinals in the ongoing All-Star Vote. Several civic leaders -- including Peter Kinder, Lt. governor of Missouri; Francis Slay, St. Louis mayor; and Charlie Dooley, St. Louis County executive -- are scheduled to be in attendance, along with mascots from all three St. Louis professional sports teams. Fans are encouraged to attend the rally, where they will get more information about how to cast All-Star votes.
Jenifer Langosch is a reporter for MLB.com. Read her blog, By Gosh, It's Langosch, and follow her on Twitter @LangoschMLB. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.