• Alex Rodriguez (left hip surgery) will advance to facing live pitching under simulated conditions on Tuesday at the Yankees' complex in Tampa, Fla. Rodriguez took three rounds of batting practice and ground balls with slow rollers on the field Monday.
• Derek Jeter (left ankle fracture) took 15 swings in a batting cage on Monday, as well as 20 ground balls on the dirt with movement to the side and throws to first base.
• Eduardo Nunez (oblique) hit off a tee, performed long toss and took ground balls on the dirt with throws on Monday. He could rejoin the big league club before the All-Star break.
• Curtis Granderson (fractured right hand) will have a pin taken out of his hand on Thursday before advancing to a week of grip and strength exercises.
• Francisco Cervelli (fractured right hand) did long toss and receiving drills on Monday. He is scheduled to begin swinging a bat under water in about a week and could rejoin the big league club in mid-July.
Bryan Hoch is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter @bryanhoch and read his MLBlog, Bombers Beat. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.