• Shane Victorino got up to 80 percent intensity as he ramps up the testing on his injured left hamstring. Victorino is eligible to return from the 15-day disabled list Wednesday, but will need to go on a rehab assignment first. The Red Sox are hoping to get him out by the end of the week.
• Franklin Morales, who came off the DL and made a spot start last Thursday, is now available out of the Red Sox bullpen. He's the third left-handed reliever along with Craig Breslow and Andrew Miller.
• Stephen Drew entered Tuesday having gone hitless in 13 of his last 20 games.
"There have been stretches of streakiness," Farrell said. "There have been times when he's been pitched to with a constant mix where he's been out on his front foot."
• David Ortiz hit his 10th homer Sunday and has now collected at least 10 home runs each year since 2000, the only Major Leaguer to do so.
• The Red Sox are inviting children to take part in a monthlong celebration that will include free tickets for good report cards while also allowing kids to take the field for the national anthem and join in the pregame lineup exchange. For more information, visit redsox.com/calendar.
Jason Mastrodonato is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter @jmastrodonato. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.