Thursday, May 30, 2013 - Pirates vs. Detroit Tigers (7:05 p.m.)
- Cheese in the Community: Fans will have the opportunity to meet Pirates closer Jason Grilli today from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the PNC Bank St. Clair Banking Center (285 Fort Couch Road/Pittsburgh, PA 15241). Grilli will be signing autographs throughout the event and all fans in attendance will have a chance to register to win an autographed Grilli jersey and more.
Friday, May 31, 2013 - Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:05 p.m.) - Heritage Weekend
*** 1,000th game at PNC Park ***
- Parrot in the Community: Today from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. the Pirate Parrot will visit the McKnight Elementary School as part of the HOP for LLS campaign. HOP for Leukemia & Lymphoma is an energizing program that allows Pre-schoolers and early elementary school students to earn great prizes by collecting pledges and donations for each time they hop in two minutes.
- Heritage Weekend Tailgate: Kick off Heritage Weekend with the Pirates and come down tonight for the Heritage Celebration Tailgate on Federal Street. The tailgate starts at 5 p.m. and fans will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with Pirates legends Manny Sanguillen, Grant Jackson and Dave Parker (players subject to change).
- Friday Block Party: Tonight is another Friday Budweiser Block Party on Federal Street. Fans will enjoy live music featuring the House of Soul and can party on the street with food & beer sales. Pirates alumni Elroy Face will be the special guest bartender at the Budweiser Bar that will be located on Federal Street.
- Free Shirt Friday: The Pirates popular Free Shirt Friday continues as all fans, with paid admission, will receive a free Pirates tee courtesy of Mylan Specialty L.P.
- Allergy Awareness: Tonight the Pirates are pleased to host Allergy Awareness Night at PNC Park in partnership with Mylan Specialty L.P. The night will feature a "Peanut Controlled Section" in the left field Pirates Deck. The Deck will be specially sanitized for peanuts and peanut vendors will be prohibited from entering the area. For more information, visit pirates.com/allergyawareness.
- Community Champion Awards: As part of the Pirates 2013 Heritage Weekend Celebration, the Pirates will present the "Pittsburgh Pirates Community Champion Awards" in a pre-game ceremony on the field at PNC Park. Area individuals who are "champions" of their communities and have positively contributed to the betterment of the diverse community in our region were chosen by an independent panel of judges. Winners of the 2013 Community Champion Awards are: Von Madden, Bryan McCabe, Reggie Smith, Erica Hill, Amanda Thompson and Stanley Pittman.
- Beer Passport: Beer Passport ticket holders 21-and-older are invited to a 90-minute beer sampling event that begins when gates open at 5:30 p.m. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/beerpassport.
- Check Card Game: As part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, tonight is a PNC Bank Check Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on tickets for select games throughout the season simply by using a PNC Bank Check Card. For complete details, visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
Saturday, June 1, 2013 - Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:15 p.m.) - Heritage Weekend
- El Toro in the Community: Fans will have the chance to meet Pirates third baseman Pedro Alvarez today from 11 a.m. to noon as he will be signing autographs and greeting fans at the Cranberry Giant Eagle (20111 Route 19 /Cranberry, PA 16066).
- Coaches Clinic: Members of the Pirates coaching staff will take part in a morning coach's clinic with Urban Impact from 10 to 11 a.m. at Martin Luther King Field on Pittsburgh's North Side. Pirates coaches will offer baseball instruction to approximately 50 Pittsburgh youth.
- Fantasy Baseball World Series: The Pittsburgh Regional Fantasy Baseball World Series will take place at 10 a.m. in the Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club. Since February, students from all across the region have participated in Pirates Charities Fantasy Baseball Math Program, presented by Chevron and supported by Neal and Becca Huntington. This math-based curriculum teaches important concepts for children in grades four thru eight using baseball statistics, and promotes higher order science, technology, engineering and math skills (STEM) in preparation for math-based careers. Each participating site or school from this year's program will send a team to compete at the playoff tournament. The morning will culminate with a World Series game, and the winners will be named Fantasy Baseball World Series Champions.
- Kool and the Gang FanJam: After tonight's game, all fans are encouraged to stay in their seats for a post-game concert featuring the legendary R&B group Kool and the Gang, presented by Iron City Beer. This is the first event of the 2013 Summer Concert Series at PNC Park. The Pirates are now offering fans the chance to watch any of the 2013 Live Music Concert Series postgame shows from the infield at PNC Park. For complete information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/concerts.
- Heritage Weekend Uniforms: Tonight both teams will pay tribute to the Negro Leagues by wearing N.L. uniforms for the game. The Pirates will wear the uniforms of the Homestead Grays and the visiting Reds will wear the Cincinnati Tigers uniforms. The uniforms will be auctioned in the coming week at the Hunt Auctions Kiosk, located on the main concourse behind section 125, and on pirates.com/authentics.
- Josh Gibson Scholarships: Tonight in a pre-game ceremony, the Pirates and the Josh Gibson Foundation will award two student scholarships in the amount of $1,500 for continuing education. Tonight's recipients are Kelsey Miller of Pittsburgh CAPA who will attend Howard University in the fall and David Edmunds Jr. of Pittsburgh Brashear who will attend California University of Pennsylvania in the fall.
- Scratch and Win: Everyone is a winner with the special Scratch 'n Win presented by Eat 'n Park. All fans will receive a scratch-off ticket upon entering PNC Park and will win one of several special Eat 'n Park prizes.
Sunday, June 2, 2013 - Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (1:35 p.m.) - Kids Day
- March for Babies: For the fourth year, Pirates employees, family, friends and community members will take part in the March of Dimes "March for Babies." The march begins at 9 a.m. and fundraisers and participants will receive a picnic lunch on Federal Street after the walk compliments of ARAMARK. In addition, each participant receives a ticket to the afternoon game vs. the Reds and an opportunity to take a lap around the field on the PNC Park warning track as part of the route. For complete information visit www.marchforbabies.org.
- Parrot Soap Dispenser: All kids 14 and younger, with paid admission, will receive a kids Pirate Parrot soap dispenser, courtesy of Highmark.
- Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club and more.
- Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park.
- MLB's Play it Sun Smart Day: Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and all of MLB urge fans to Play Sun Smart. For 15 years the American Academy of Dermatology and MLB have teamed up to educate the public on the dangers of sun exposure and to bring awareness to skin cancer prevention and detection. Always remember to apply sun screen, wear sunglasses and put on your Pirates cap.
- Girl Scout Day: Girl Scout Day is a celebration of the Girl Scouts of Western PA and their family and friends while enjoying a baseball game. Participating Girl Scouts will also receive a Pittsburgh Pirates Girl Scout Patch. For information and to order tickets visit pirates.com/scouts.
- Advantage Card Game: As part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, today is a Giant Eagle Advantage Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on select tickets for every Sunday home game. For complete details, visit pirates.com/advantagecard.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
New for the 2013 season are the Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles. The 50/50 Raffles will take place during each Pirates home game throughout the season. Raffle ticket prices are three (3) tickets for $5, 10 tickets for $10 and 40 tickets for $20 with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers will also be posted on pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
Wins for Kids
During the 2013 season, Pirates Charities will again partner with manager Clint Hurdle, his wife Karla and ROOT SPORTS to present the Wins for Kids fundraising campaign. The campaign encourages fans to donate a dollar amount for every Pirates win during the season or make a one-time donation to the program. All funds raised will benefit Pirates Charities and the Children's Institute of Pittsburgh's Prader-Willi Syndrome Program. For more information about the Wins for Kids and to learn how to make a donation, visit pirates.com/winsforkids.
The Hunt Auctions kiosk, specializing in sports memorabilia, including game-used and authenticated items, is located behind section 125 on the main concourse at PNC Park. Unique items are available each homestand and fans will have the opportunity to purchase items at the kiosk or at pirates.com/authentics. This homestand features:
- Game-used Pirates 2013 home camo jerseys worn during Armed Forces weekend celebration at PNC Park.
- Game-used Pirates 2013 road camo jerseys worn on Memorial Day at Comerica Park.
- Game-used bases, featuring the Pirates and Tigers logos and series dates.
- Game-used and autographed baseballs, by players like Andrew McCutchen, Starling Marte and Neil Walker.
Cruise for a Cure
On Friday, July 19 thru Sunday, July 20, the Pirate Parrot invites fellow motorcycle riders to join him for his 'Weekend Cruise to Cure Prostate Cancer' to benefit the Western PA Prostate Cancer Foundation. Interested riders will travel with the Pirate Parrot to Cincinnati for the Reds vs. Pirates game at Great American Ball Park on July 19. Participants will receive a Pirates Cruise to Cure Prostate Cancer T-Shirt and a game ticket. The Charity bike ride is in partnership with Pirates Charities and Mosites Motorsports with all proceeds benefiting the Western Pennsylvania Prostate Cancer Foundation. For complete information about the Cruise for a Cure and to find out how to donate, visit pirates.com/cruise.
The MLB All Star game in New York City is just around the corner and to encourage fans to vote for their favorite Buccos, the Pirates are offering fans extra incentives to cast ballots, with two exciting offers: The Pirates All-Star Game Ballot Sweepstakes and a special half-price ticket offer. The Pirates want fans to vote early and vote often. Fans are now able to vote a maximum of 35 times online with the 2012 All-Star Game MLB.com Ballot. Online voting ends July 4 at 11:59 p.m. ET. To vote for your Pirates and for complete details, visit pirates.com/vote.
2013 Bucaroos Kids Club
The Bucaroos Kids Club is open to all kids ages 14 and younger. The club offers special member-only benefits and has two great membership options - one of which is free. Fans can visit pirates.com/bucaroos to learn more about the different membership options and how to earn free game ticket vouchers, great gear and access to our exclusive Rewards Program.
Dynamic Pricing Section
New for 2013, the Pirates have expanded their dynamic pricing system to include both the Bleacher Reserve and Upper Bleacher Reserve sections of PNC Park. Tickets for the 2,400 seats, located in left field, will be placed on sale 10-days prior to each home game. The initial ticket price will then be adjusted- both lower and higher- in real time, based on several factors. As of May 29, this homestand features Upper Bleacher Reserved tickets for the Sunday, June 2 game vs. the Reds for just $12. For the complete list of games and to find the on-sale dates, visit pirates.com/dynamic.
Where's the Parrot?
The Pirate Parrot is active in and around the community as an ambassador of the Pirates organization. Below are a few of the upcoming events he will be attending in the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
- On Saturday, June 1 the Parrot will join the "Walk Now for Autism Speaks" from 11 a.m. to noon.
- On Wednesday, June 5 he will attend the Polk Center Festival in Polk, PA from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- On Saturday, June 8 he will visit Alex's Lemonade Stand in Cranberry Township from noon to 1 p.m.
- On Sunday, June 9 the Parrot will attend the Adaptive Baseball Games in Irwin, PA from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
To schedule your visit by the Pirate Parrot, please call (412) 325-4730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pirates Season Ticket Plans
Pro-rated Full Season, 20-game and 10-game season ticket plans are available for the 2013 season. Full and partial-season ticket plans feature exclusive benefits including guaranteed seats for the biggest games, discounted ticket prices, invitations to special season ticket holder events featuring Pirates players and executives, plus much more. For more information regarding purchasing a season ticket plan, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/tickets.
2013 Fan Values
- The Pirates are pleased to offer special ticket prices for all 81 home games for kids ages 14 and younger in select sections of PNC Park. Save up to $8 on kid's single game tickets, visit pirates.com/tickets for more details.
- The All You Can Eat seats presented by Pepsi are back at PNC Park. For just $42 fans can enjoy all the hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, salads, popcorn, peanuts, ice cream and soda they can eat for one low price. For more information and to order tickets fans can visit pirates.com/allyoucaneat.
- The Pepsi Max Pack returns for all Friday and Sunday games throughout the 2013 season. Each pack consists of one Outfield Box seat, one regular hot dog, one soft pretzel, and one regular Pepsi product, all for only $28. For more information on Pepsi Max Packs or to purchase tickets, visit pirates.com/pepsimax.
For a complete list of the 2013 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.