• Pitcher Brad Mills has been placed on the disabled list at Triple-A Round Rock. The Rangers have assigned pitcher Scott Richmond to Round Rock to replace him. Richmond, who once pitched for the Blue Jays, was signed as a free agent earlier this week. Mills is 5-0 with a 3.71 ERA in seven starts, but has been experiencing some tightness in his left elbow and the Rangers decided to give him some rest.
• Cory Burns pitched an inning in relief for the Rangers on Thursday after being recalled from Triple-A Round Rock. He is the first reliever used by the Rangers this season who was not on the Opening Day roster.
• Washington said Darvish is fine after throwing a career-high 130 pitches on Thursday against the Tigers. Said Washington, "He went through his normal routine ... stretching, massage, acupuncture ... he is ready to go."
• Darvish also threw 127 pitches against the Red Sox on May 2. He has the second and third highest pitch totals in a start by a Major Leaguer this year. Clayton Kershaw threw 132 pitches on Tuesday for the Dodgers against the Nationals.
• Mitch Moreland drove in three runs with two doubles on Thursday night. It's the 12th time he has driven in three or more runs in a game in his career. But it was only his second career three-RBI game without a home run.
T.R. Sullivan is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Postcards from Elysian Fields, and follow him on Twitter @Sullivan_Ranger. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.