• Hanrahan and Craig Breslow both pitched for Triple-A Pawtucket on Sunday. Breslow allowed one run in two-thirds of an inning, while Hanrahan -- who may be activated for Tuesday's game with Toronto -- pitched a scoreless inning.
• Jacoby Ellsbury leads the Majors with 11 stolen bases, and the Red Sox lead the Majors with 22 steals. Unfortunately, they've also allowed 17 stolen bases defensively, catching just three would-be basestealers on the year heading into Sunday.
• With a first-inning single, David Ortiz extended a career-high hitting streak to 20 games, dating back to 2012. Ortiz entered Sunday hitting .519 in seven games this season.
• At 18-7, the Red Sox are off to their best start since 2002, as they entered Sunday with the best record in the Major Leagues. They could break the club mark for victories in April with a win on Tuesday in Toronto.
• This date in Red Sox history: Roger Clemens set the Major League record with 20 strikeouts in a complete game against the Mariners in 1986. Since then, Kerry Wood (1998) and Randy Johnson (2001) have each fanned 20.
Jason Mastrodonato is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter @jmastrodonato. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.