• It happened on this day: In 1971, Reggie Jackson hit his 100th home run as an Athletic to become the first Oakland player to reach that plateau. In '74, Jim "Catfish" Hunter recorded his 1,000th strikeout, the first Oakland pitcher to reach that level. In '76, Vida Blue recorded his 1,000th strikeout.
• In 2001, Miguel Tejada hit the 10,000th home run in Athletics franchise history.
• Infielder Jed Lowrie, who turns 29 Wednesday, made his eighth career appearance batting fourth, the second this season.
• Right-hander Pat Neshek pitched 2 1/3 innings in Saturday's loss to the Tigers, the longest relief appearance of the season by an A's pitcher.
• The A's bullpen has allowed one earned run or fewer in 11 of the first 12 games.
Rick Eymer is a contributor to MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.