1. Jerry Remy – In my opinion, The RemDawg is the best color guy in the business. This isn’t even necessarily a joke suggestion. I sincerely want Remy to work with Buck. He’s hilarious, smart and knowledgeable. A home town hero.
Catchphrase: “Here comes the pizza!”
2. Jay-Z – Rapper, musician, producer, record label owner, club owner, basketball team owner and now sports agent – Hova is doing everything anyway. Why not let him try his hand at commentating on live baseball?
Catchphrase: “I got 99 problems but a bunt ain’t one!”
3. Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson – Baseball is very scientific. The physics involved can make one's head explode. I suggest we let the world’s leading spokesperson for the sciences sit next to Buck and discuss, hilariously well, the ins and outs of baseball from the mind of a physicist.
Catchphrase: “I’m a SCIENTIST!”
4. A Delicious Sandwich – Can you imagine? Forget the abhorrence of a human body with a grinder for a head; Sandwich probably has some good baseball knowledge. Who’s to say he doesn’t? Plus, it brings the sex appeal of FOX reporters to another level.
Catchphrase: “Sandwich you talkin’ bout?”
5. Joe Buck – It’ll be kinda fun to have cloning be a real thing.
Catchphrase: “It’s like I’m looking into a home run mirror!”
6. Admiral Ackbar –
With the new Star Wars films coming out in a couple years, let's start the marketing campaign now and have the most ironically beloved character call a game that never existed a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
Catchphrase: "It's a trap!" (when referring to a diving catch)
Who do you think should be McCarver's replacement? Comment below.