New York Mets media relations guru Jay Horwitz has become notorious for abnormally frequent pocket dials from his phone, and the fun often leaks to his Twitter account (@Jay_Horwitz) as well. Such gems as “Hy,” “O” and “CdXxXxXx” have provided ample material for those who like to tease the man who has worked in baseball since 1980.
Not to be lost in the hilarity of his missteps, Jay’s Twitter account, created earlier this year, has become a must-follow – not just for Mets fans, but for all baseball fans. Jay combines a myriad of experiences over the last 34 years with a brilliant sense of humor.
Here are 10 of his best tweets to date:
10) We have to start the list with a vintage Jay faux pas. #TweetYoSelf
9) This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of Jay posting pictures of himself.
8) You’ve got to admire a man who will risk life and limb, all in the name of comedy.
7) The judges gave him a friendly 2.5 on the landing. You wouldn’t believe how hard it was to only pick 10 of these tweets.
6) This was a continuation of a frequent storyline, Jay recalling all the pranks pulled on him over the years – most courtesy of John Franco.
5) Instead of merely promoting an online chat with Captain America with a tweet, Jay added a little flavor by squeezing into No. 5’s uniform (again) and taking a picture.
4) If you still haven’t followed Jay on Twitter, you probably should at this point.
3) Jay may not have tweeted this one himself, but leaving this picture off the list would be a great injustice.
2) Not all of Jay’s humor is self-deprecating. He’ll pull one over on you from time to time.
1) Jay has a laundry list of pocket dial confessions in his Twitter timeline. Hitting your big boss three times in one evening has to take the cake.