2013 Seattle Mariners TV campaign
Felix Hernandez bottles his high heat and spices things up for opponents, shortstop Brendan Ryan befriends a buffalo, third baseman Kyle Seager shows teammates how he stays relaxed at the plate, and a fan takes his devotion to the team to the extreme. All are among the scenarios for six new Seattle Mariners television commercials shot on location in February at Spring Training in Peoria, Arizona.
The commercials begin airing on Sunday, March 17, during the broadcast of the Mariners vs. Texas Rangers Spring Training game (1:05pm start) on ROOT SPORTS™. The commercials will run throughout the season on local and regional broadcast and cable channels. They can also be viewed starting today at www.mariners.com, where viewers can vote online for their favorite.
This year's campaign features a new tagline, "True to the Blue," nine players and manager Eric Wedge.
- Hottest Thing in Town - Felix Hernandez turns his skills on the mound into a "hot" new product and makes things uncomfortable for opposing hitters on and off the field.
- The Wise Ol' Buffalo - Shortstop Brendan Ryan is happy to help out a buffalo in need. However, it turns out it's just closer Tom Wilhelmsen up to his old tricks.
- Focused & Relaxed - Outfielders Michael Morse and Michael Saunders show third baseman Kyle Seager how they keep their edge without getting too tight. But Seager has a surprise for them.
- Ackley's Fan Mail - Second baseman Dustin Ackley wears his love for the fans on his sleeve. And his head, and his chest and his back…
- One Wish - A fan does his part to create a little luck for the Mariners and ends up with Raul Ibañez at his kitchen table.
- The Lineup - Another diehard fan goes above and beyond to support the Mariners, though his wife finally draws the line.
"True to the Blue is about the connection fans have to the past, present and future of Mariners Baseball. It's a way to say, 'I'm a Mariners fan,'" said Kevin Martinez, Mariners Vice President of Marketing.
As in year's past, the commercials are the result of a creative collaboration between the Mariners and Seattle agency Copacino+Fujikado. The commercials are shot on location in Peoria, Arizona, and directed by Blue Goose Productions of Mercer Island.
The campaign was created by Seattle-based Copacino + Fujikado, the Mariners long-time ad agency.
Advertiser: Seattle Mariners
Executive Creative Director: Jim Copacino
Creative Director/Writer: Mike Hayward
Writer: Andy Corbett
Production Company: Blue Goose Productions
Director: Ron Gross
Executive Producer: Bill Hoare
Account Supervisors: Steve Cunetta/Cole Parsons
Account Manager: Melissa Figel
Broadcast Producer: Kris Dangla
Editor-Troy Murison, Dubs. Inc.
Digital Post Production-Kevin Adams, Workbench