• Credit Giants catcher Buster Posey with hastening the decision to cancel Friday's Cactus League game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. When the afternoon's third shower struck, Posey didn't hesitate to run for the clubhouse.
"The umpires were staying out there. Buster was the one that left," Bochy noted with amusement. "He said, 'I'm done.' Didn't give them a choice."
• Left-hander Javier Lopez, who has recovered from the bruise on his pitching hand, is expected to make his Cactus League debut Saturday against Kansas City. Lopez was scheduled to pitch against the Dodgers before the rainout.
• Bochy said that catcher Hector Sanchez (right calf) has been cleared to play and likely would start Sunday against Milwaukee.
• Bochy reported that outfielder Andres Torres (oblique), who feels "much better," might be ready to resume playing Sunday or Monday. Bochy said that Torres can swing right-handed and has begun to hit left-handed in a batting cage.
• The Giants made their first roster cuts of the spring, trimming their Cactus League roster to 59 players. First baseman Angel Villalona was optioned to the Class A San Jose roster. Reassigned to Minor League camp were catcher Andrew Susac, infielder Joe Panik, left-hander Josh Osich and right-handers Fabio Castillo, Edward Concepcion, Justin Fitzgerald and Jose Valdez.
Chris Haft is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.