• Placido Polanco will be out at least a few more days with back spasms. The 37-year-old third baseman was checked by a doctor on Friday. "He's having that same problem," Redmond said. "No timetable. He's got to figure out what's going on, what's grabbing on him and where he is."
• Justin Ruggiano went through pregame workouts, and the plan is for him to start in center field on Saturday against the Cardinals at Roger Dean Stadium. Early in camp, Ruggiano strained his back, and he has yet to play in a Grapefruit League game.
• Outfield prospect Jake Marisnick, plunked on the back of his left hand by a pitch on Wednesday, hit in the cages and did some drills in the field on Friday.
• Greg Dobbs, nursing a sore right calf, continues to do drills but isn't yet playing in games.
• FOX Sports Florida, which televised Friday's game against the Yankees, will next air the Marlins-Braves game on Wednesday at 7:05 p.m. ET in Jupiter.
Joe Frisaro is a reporter for MLB.com. He writes a blog, called The Fish Pond. Follow him on Twitter