• Rice University will honor Philip Humber for the perfect game he threw with the White Sox in 2012 by unveiling a commemorative plaque Thursday at Reckling Park in Houston. The plaque recognizes Humber's accomplishment and features the text of the email he sent to Rice head coach Wayne Graham shortly after pitching his gem against the Seattle Mariners on April 21.
• Carlos Perez, who will be one of seven catchers in camp, didn't report Monday. Luhnow said he's held up on a visa issue in his native Venezuela.
• Right-hander Chia-Jen Lo has opted to not play in the World Baseball Classic and has reported to camp.
• No. 1 overall Draft pick Carlos Correa and 2012 fourth-round pick Rio Ruiz were in Kissimmee for a week earlier this winter to work with hitting instructors Jeff Albert and Ralph Dickenson. The Astros wanted them to go back and work on some things at home before coming back to Kissimmee.
"The reports were all fantastic on those guys," Luhnow said.
• Dan Radison is serving as assistant hitting coach/advance scout this year and will travel with the club. He'll handle video scouting during the season.