Texas could reach the three million mark as early as Thursday night versus the Indians. Capital One will provide 40,000 Rangers t-shirts to fans on the night the club reaches 3,000,000 and other special activities are also planned.
On Tuesday, the Rangers are joining with Fox Sports Southwest to host Military Appreciation Night that will include a live auction during the game telecast to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project. On the 11th anniversary of the tragedy of September 11, 2001, a special on-field pregame presentation will honor eight Wounded Warriors who will be in attendance that night. The Sheppard Air Force Base Honor Guard will present the colors, United States Airmen will unfurl the American Flag in center field, and the 531st Air Force Band will perform The Star Spangled Banner. U.S. Army veteran Joe Washam will throw out the ceremonial first pitch on behalf of the Wounded Warrior Project. Soldiers and their families from Fort Hood will be the guests of the Rangers and Fox Sports Southwest on Tuesday night.
The Rangers and Fox Sports Southwest are offering fans a special ticket offer for Tuesday’s game in honor of those who serve in the United States military. Fans can purchase upper reserve seats for just $11.00 at texasrangers.com by entering the coupon code “Freedom”.
Seattle concludes the homestand with 7:05 p.m. games on Friday and Saturday, September 14-15 and a 2:05 p.m. contest on Sunday, September 16. There are approximately 2,000 reserved seats remaining for both Friday and Saturday and 1,500 reserved seats left for Sunday.
September 14 is Verizon Wireless Fireworks Friday, when the post-game fireworks will be themed to popular music and cash parking is just $10.00. On Sunday, the first 30,000 fans will receive a Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes Hispanic Heritage Poster in honor of Hispanic Heritage Family Day. Rangers players of Hispanic heritage will be honored in a pregame ceremony. In addition Ballet Folklorico and Mariachi Michoacan will perform pregame in the park.
Following Sunday’s game, Budweiser Presents the Casey Donahew Band in an on-field concert. The concert is free to all fans holding tickets to the Rangers-Mariners game with field passes available for an additional $10.00.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Tuesday, September 11 vs. Cleveland Indians-7:05 p.m. —FSSW
- FSSW Broadcast Auction benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project
- First pitch by retired U.S. Army veteran Joe Washam on behalf of the Wounded Warrior Project
- National Anthem by 531st Air Force Band
- Game ball delivery by former Rangers pitcher Ken Hill
Wednesday, September 12 vs. Cleveland Indians-7:05 p.m.—FSSW
- Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday for all fans
- Dollar Hot Dog Wednesday
- Ozarka Website Wednesday
- National Anthem by country singer, Josh Grider
- Game ball delivery by Rangers batting coach Scott Coolbaugh
Thursday, September 13 vs. Cleveland Indians-7:05 p.m.—FSSW
- Season Ticket Advisory Board Presentation
- National Anthem by Cody Canada and the Departed
- Game ball delivery by former Rangers outfielder Leon Roberts
Friday, September 14 vs. Seattle Mariners-7:05 p.m.—FSSW
- Verizon Wireless Fireworks Friday with $10 cash parking. Postgame fireworks will feature current popular tunes presented by Windmill Suites
- Season Ticket Quarter Century Club presentation
Saturday, September 15 vs. Seattle Mariners-7:05 p.m.—TXA-21
Sunday, September 16 vs. Seattle Mariners-2:05 p.m.—–FSSW (Gates open at 12:30)
- Hispanic Heritage Poster for first 30,000 fans presented by Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes
- Hispanic Heritage Family day presentation pre-game ceremony presented by Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes
- National Anthem by Norma Valles
- Blue Bell $1 Ice Cream Sunday for youngsters 13 and under
- Game ball delivery by Rangers Hall of Famer Ruben Sierra
- Budweiser Presents the Casey Donahew Band in a postgame on-field concert
2012 TIME CHANGE: Saturday, September 22 at Seattle is a 6:10 p.m. PT/8:10 p.m. CT start (was listed as TBA).