CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox are inviting fans to participate in Social Media Week by casting votes online for their favorite highlights from the 2012 regular season.
The White Sox are accepting nominations for a number of categories this week via whitesox.com, White Sox official Facebook page (facebook.com/WhiteSox) and Twitter account (@WhiteSox or twitter.com/WhiteSox). Beginning next week, ballots will be posted on whitesox.com, Facebook and Twitter. Winners will be announced during the last homestand of the regular season.
Fans can vote in more than a dozen categories, including the following:
- Best offensive play and best defensive play (#BestOffenseSoxSMW and #BestDSoxSMW)
- Most amazing catch (#NiceGrabSoxSMW)
- Most clutch hit (#ClutchSoxSMW)
- Favorite place to visit in the ballpark (#MySpotSoxSMW)
- Favorite 2012 Hawk call by broadcaster Ken “Hawk” Harrelson (#HawkCallSoxSMW)
- Favorite theme night (#ThemeNightSMW)
- Favorite giveaway item (#1GiveawaySoxSMW)
- Favorite #TakeJake video (#TakeJakeSoxSMW)
- Best @WhiteSox tweet (#BestSoxTweetSMW)
- Favorite photo gallery on Facebook (#BestSoxPixSMW)
- Favorite @White Sox Instagram photo (#SoxGramSMW)
Social Media Week winners will be during the last homestand from September 24 through September 30. Other details about activities that week will be announced soon.
The White Sox are encouraging fans to utilize all social media platforms, including Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter, to share their votes and game experiences during the last few weeks of the regular season.