SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
- GAME TIME CHANGE: Saturday’s first pitch has been moved up to 4:05 p.m. from the originally scheduled 7:05 p.m. start time to accommodate the game’s national broadcast on FOX.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2
- Kids Run the Show: The Nationals will host the eighth annual Kids Run the Show Day, presented by The Washington Post, throughout their series finale against the Cardinals. Children from across the D.C. area were invited to enter the annual contest in The Washington Post and The Express to win the opportunity to “Run the Show.” Out of the hundreds of entries received, the Nationals selected 18 local children to learn about and experience the various gameday positions at Nationals Park, including junior in-game host, team photographer, public address announcer, junior in-game radio host and grounds crew member, among others.
- $1 Kids Day: Fans can purchase up to four tickets for children ages 3-12 for $1 each, with the purchase of one full-priced adult ticket. Tickets must be purchased at the Nationals Park Box Office on the day of the game. Select seating areas apply. Subject to availability. Child must be present to redeem this offer at the box office.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
- Labor Day: In addition to marking the unofficial end of summer, Labor Day will serve as the fourth of five home games in the Nationals 2012 Patriotic Series, a series of games during which the team will encourage fans to celebrate the American spirit by enjoying the national pastime at Nationals Park. To mark the occasion, Nationals players and coaches will wear the team’s patriotic uniforms featuring the Stars and Stripes Curly “W.” For more information or to purchase tickets, visit nationals.com/patriotic.
- Katie Ledecky: Olympic Gold Medalist Katie Ledecky will throw out the Ceremonial First Pitch before the Nationals open their series with the Chicago Cubs. The 15 year-old swimmer and Bethesda native won gold in the 800 meter freestyle at the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5
- $1 Hot Dog Night: Fans can purchase hot dogs for just $1 at participating stands and carts, while supplies last. Some restrictions apply.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6
- Messenger Bag Giveaway Presented by United Airlines: The first 15,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate will receive a Messenger Bag presented by United Airlines.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 7
- Washington Nationals Diabetes Care Complex Wall Cracking Ceremony: The Washington Nationals Dream Foundation and Children’s National Medical Center will host a “wall-cracking” ceremony to celebrate the construction of the new Washington Nationals Diabetes Care Complex. Nationals owners and front office executives as well as the Children’s National Diabetes Clinical Team will swing and “crack” the wall that will become part of the new facility. The complex will provide world-class diabetes care with the help of new state-of-the-art outpatient treatment rooms and an education center where families can learn about diabetes management.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8
- Ryan Zimmerman Bobblehead Giveaway Presented by PNC Bank: The first 15,000 fans to enter Nationals Park through the Center Field Gate will receive a Ryan Zimmerman Bobblehead presented by PNC Bank. One item will be distributed per person, per ticket, based on availability.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 9
- Heroes Day: The Nationals will pay tribute to all those affected by the attacks on September 11, 2001 including the countless rescue, aid, military and law enforcement workers who serve our country every day. The Nationals observance will include a variety of patriotic elements, with various special guests in attendance and a flag giveaway presented by SAIC. Additional details will be announced in the coming days.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
PLEASE NOTE: Expect Delays on Metro’s Red, Orange, and Blue Lines due to Weekend Track Work
To receive up-to-date WMATA service notifications on a mobile device, fans are encouraged to register for Alert DC at https://textalert.ema.dc.gov/. Visit nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park