• Cutch’s Crew: Andrew McCutchen will host his “Cutch’s Crew” this afternoon at 1 p.m. for a baseball skills clinic on the field at PNC Park. The players from the Perry High School baseball team will also be attending tonight’s game as guests of McCutchen.
• JHay in the Community: Josh Harrison will be signing free autographs at the PNC Park PNC Bank Branch (107 Federal Street, Pittsburgh, PA) from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
• Free Shirt Friday: Tonight is a Free Shirt Friday! All fans with paid admission will receive a free Pirates T-shirt, Presented by Sugardale.
• Friday Block Party: Don’t miss tonight’s Friday Block Party on Federal Street. Fans will enjoy a free concert while they party on the street as food & beer sales will be available.
• Equipment Drive: Tonight the Pittsburgh Pirates, in partnership with the Baseball Tomorrow Fund (BTF), will team up with Pittsburgh Reviving Baseball Inner Cities (RBI) program to host a baseball and softball equipment drive at PNC Park. The first 100 fans to bring new or gently used
baseball or softball equipment to the donation stands on Federal Street will receive two complimentary tickets to the Tuesday, September 4 Pirates vs. Houston Astros game at PNC Park (while supplies last, no game substitutions possible). Pittsburgh RBI representatives will be collecting equipment on Federal Street from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. All equipment and monetary donations will go directly to support the over 800 Pittsburgh RBI athletes. In recognition of the partnership and grant, a member of the Baseball Tomorrow Fund will participate in a special pre-game on-field check presentation for $5,000 to the Pittsburgh RBI program.
• Pirates Celebrity Bartenders: Tonight’s celebrity bartender, former Pirates first baseman Sid Bream, will serve cocktails in the Hall of Fame Club beginning in the 7th inning and staying thru 30 minutes after the game.
• Beer Passport: Beer Passport ticket holders 21-and-older are invited to a 90-minute beer sampling event that begins when gates open at 5:30 p.m. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/beerpassport.
• Check Card Game: As part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, tonight is a PNC Bank Check Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on tickets for select games throughout the season simply by using a PNC Bank Check Card. For complete details, visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
• Nurses Night: The Pirates are pleased to recognize area healthcare professionals with the first of six Nurses Nights at PNC Park. For complete information visit pirates.com/nurses or contact Melissa Campbell at (412) 325-4761. Saturday, August 25, 2012—Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
Saturday, August 25, 2012 - Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
• Pirates Team PhotoFest: Today all fans with tickets to tonight’s game will have the unique opportunity to participate in Team PhotoFest Day from 4:45 to 5:45 p.m. on the warning track at PNC Park. Fans are encouraged to enter PNC Park early thru the Trib Total Media Home Plate entrance beginning at 4 p.m. and they will be directed to the ballpark’s outfield warning track. Players and coaches will be in the outfield grass, moving along the perimeter posing for photos for fans. All Pirates’ players and coaches are scheduled to appear during the one-hour event.
• The Fort in the Community: Michael McKenry will be signing free autographs at the Pine Market District Giant Eagle (155 Towne Centre Drive - Wexford, PA) from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
• Zambelli Fireworks Night: Fans are encouraged to stay in their seats immediately following the game and enjoy an amazing fireworks display presented by Zambelli Fireworks International, presented by Xfinity by Comcast.
• Saturday Raffles: The Pirates Charities Saturday Raffles will be held in-ballpark throughout the 2012 season. The raffle location is outside of the main Guest Relations office behind section 117. Fans can purchase raffle tickets to win prizes including Pirates memorabilia, original artwork, gift certificates and more. Tickets are one for $2 or three for $5 with all proceeds benefitting Pirates Charities. The prize drawing takes place at the end of the 7th inning.
• Scratch and Win: All fans, with paid admission, will receive a scratch and win ticket, compliments of Eat’n Park. Sunday, August 26, 2012—Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (1:35 p.m.) Kids Day
Sunday, August 26, 2012 - Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (1:35 p.m.)
• Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, face painting, information about the #1 Cochran Bucaroos Kids Club and more.
• Pirates Gym Bag: All fans in attendance, with paid attendance, will receive a free Pirates gym bag, courtesy of the Pepsi Max and Giant Eagle.
• Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today’s game are invited to stick around after the game to run the bases on the field at PNC Park, courtesy of H.K. Anderson Pretzels.
• Advantage Card Game: As part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, today is a Giant Eagle Advantage Card game! Fans can save up to $10 on select tickets for every Sunday home game. For complete details, visit pirates.com/advantagecard.
• JHay in the Community: Josh Harrison will be signing free autographs at the McIntyre Square Giant Eagle (8080 McIntyre Square Drive Pittsburgh, PA) from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, August 27, 2012—Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (7:05 p.m.) Tuesday, August 28, 2012—Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (7:05 p.m.)
Monday, August 27, 2012 - Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (7:05 p.m.)
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (7:05 p.m.)
• Lady Bucs Club Party: Tonight is the final Lady Bucs Club Party of 2012. Members will enjoy a pre-game party in the Pirates Picnic Park complete with giveaways and prizes as well as watch the game from the Lady Bucs Club section at PNC Park. Members of the Lady Bucs Club receive great benefits including one ticket to two special party nights, a membership card and lanyard, access to Lady Bucs Club pre-game parties throughout the season and a complimentary t-shirt. For complete information and to become a member, visit pirates.com/ladybucs.
• Pups in the Park: Fans can bring their pooch to the park as the Pirates and Dad’s Pet Care present Pup Night at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $25 with additional human tickets available for $25 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information and to order tickets fans can visit pirates.com/pups.
• Jewish Heritage Night: Join the Pirates tonight as we celebrate Jewish Heritage Night. Tickets are available for $18 (Grandstand), $21 (Outfield Box) and $40 (Pittsburgh Baseball Club) and every ticket purchased includes a free Pirates Hebrew T-shirt. For more information or to order tickets, contact Joshua Avart at (412)325-4903, or e-mail Joshua.Avart@Pirates.com Wednesday, August 29, 2012—Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (7:05 p.m.)
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (7:05 p.m.)
• National Exposure: Tonight’s game at PNC Park will be televised nationally by ESPN. The ESPN broadcast will be blacked-out in the Pittsburgh region as the Pirates television partner ROOT Sports will continue to carry the local broadcast in the greater Pittsburgh area.
• Domestic Violence Awareness: Today from 11 a.m. to noon, Pirates Charities will join the YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh to provide support to local women’s shelters. Through donations from the community, especially employees of both the Pirates & the YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh, groups of volunteers will prepare emergency supply kits. One Pirates player (TBD) and the Pirate Parrot will be on hand at the YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh (305 Wood Street, Pittsburgh) to help stuff kits & interact with participants.
• Social Media Night: Join us for another party on the deck tonight as the Pirates host their third Social Media Night of 2012 at PNC Park. For $20 fans will receive a seat on the Pirates Left Field Deck PLUS $10 in loaded value on the game ticket to be redeemed at any PNC Park concession or merchandise stand. Participants will also receive our new @Pirates t-shirt FREE and a special invite to the pre-game reception on the Left Field Deck starting at 5:30p.m. The reception will include an appearance by Pirates reliever Jason Grilli, prizes and giveaways as well as appearances by Pirates broadcasters as the Pirates flagship station SPORTSRADIO 93.7 The Fan will broadcast their pre-game show LIVE from the event. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/socialmedia.
• School Supply Drive: The Pirates and Giant Eagle will host a school supply drive on Federal Street to benefit the Education Partnership. Fans are encouraged to bring new school supplies to the Education Partnership table on Federal Street prior to tonight’s game to be entered for the chance to win one of 10 Giant Eagle Gift cards. The Grand Prize is a $200 gift card to Giant Eagle! The following items are requested: pencils, crayons, glue sticks and markers. You can also make a monetary donation to the Education Partnership at participating Giant Eagle stores through September 5th. Please join us in providing for those in need! The Education Partnership is a non-profit organization dedicated to addressing educational inequities by providing and enabling access to the tools and resources necessary to support teachers and enhance a student's ability to learn and succeed.
Blood Drive at PNC Park
The Pittsburgh Pirates and Central Blood Bank will host the fourth and final Blood Drive of 2012 at PNC Park. The drive is scheduled for Thursday, August 30 and Friday, August 31 from noon to 6 p.m. inside the PNC Park press conference room. Limited free parking for the Pirates Blood Drive will be available in the lot across the street (Red Lot 6) from the press entrance on General Robinson Street, courtesy of Alco Parking. For more information on donating blood or to schedule your lifesaving appointment, please call 412-209-7080 or visit www.centralbloodbank.org. Walk-ins are also welcome. Pirates Season Ticket Plans
Pirates Season Ticket Plans
• The Pirates have announced 2013 season ticket sales and renewals have begun with the first payment for renewals due September 14. Pirates Season Ticket Holders will continue to receive the best value in the ballpark as the team also announced that the average ticket price for the 2013 season will once again represent one of the lowest in Major League Baseball. The Pirates maintained one of the lowest price points in all of professional sports with the team’s $449 Full Season Value Plan – which is an average of only $5.54 per ticket per game.
• The Pirates also announced the return of the “30-in-30” promotion starting on September 14, which will reward one Season Ticket Holder each day for 30 days. All full, half and 20-game season ticket holder who renew their tickets from now to October 13, 2012 will be eligible for the drawing from the time they process their order (a minimum of 1/7th the deposit is required to be eligible). Prizes include a trip for two to the 2013 Mid-Summer Classic, autographed items and more. Full and partial-season ticket plans feature exclusive benefits including first priority for potential 2012 Postseason tickets for games played at PNC Park for all full-season, 41-game, and 20-game season ticket holders. Fans who are not current season ticket holders, but put a deposit down toward a 2013 plan will also receive postseason priority. Among the many other benefits of being a Pirates Season Ticket Holder are guaranteed seats for the biggest games, discounted ticket prices, invitations to special season ticket holder events featuring Pirates players and executives, plus much more. For more information regarding purchasing ticket plans for 2012 or 2013, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/tickets. Thank You!
The Pirates and Pirates Charities would like to thank Pirates FANS and ROOT SPORTS for helping raise more than half a million dollars for Pirates Charities during the 2012 Pirates Charities on ROOT SPORTS Auction! The Pirates are proud to partner with ROOT SPORTS to host the annual Pirates Charities on ROOT SPORTS Auction at PNC Park as this year’s auction on August 13, set a Pirates Charities fundraising record. During the event, fans from all around the country are able to participate and bid on several premier items and experiences in this live on-air auction during a Pirates home game.
Dynamic Pricing Section
New for 2012, the Pirates unveiled dynamic pricing system for the Bleacher General Admission section at PNC Park. Tickets for the 1,400 seat section, located in left field, will be placed on sale 10-days prior to each home game. The initial ticket price will then be adjusted- both lower and higher- in real time, based on demand. As of Thursday, August 23, this homestand features $12 tickets for the entire weekday series vs. the St. Louis Cardinals. For the complete list of games and to find the on-sale dates, visit pirates.com/dynamic.
Wins for Kids
Join Clint Hurdle and his wife Karla, along with Pirates Charities and ROOT SPORTS, in the 2012 Wins for Kids campaign. The program is simple: make a monetary pledge to Pirates Charities for each Pirates win during the 2012 regular season. Over the course of the season, your donation will help Pirates Charities strengthen our community by supporting organizations and programs aimed at improving the lives of children and adults in the greater Pittsburgh area. All monies raised through our Wins for Kids program will benefit Pirates Charities and the Children's Institute of Pittsburgh's Prader-Willi Syndrome Program. Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) is a rare, complex genetic disorder that affects many parts of the body and the Children's Institute of Pittsburgh is the only hospital-based site in the world offering treatment for this population.
2012 Fan Values
• The Pirates are pleased to offer special ticket prices for all 81 home games for kids ages 14 and younger in select sections of PNC Park. Save up to $7 on kid’s single game tickets, visit pirates.com/tickets for more details.
• The Pepsi Max Pack returns for all Friday and Sunday games throughout the 2012 season. Each pack consists of one Outfield Box seat, one regular hot dog, one soft pretzel, and one regular Pepsi product, all for only $24. For more information on Pepsi Max Packs or to purchase tickets, visit pirates.com/pepsimax.
• The Pirates single game tickets are among the most affordable in MLB as they start as low as $10. To order tickets for games throughout the 2012 season, visit pirates.com/tickets.
For a complete list of the 2012 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.